Senior Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£40792.00 - £53174.00 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 15:13|
A newly created Senior Finance Manager role, paying £50K
Your new company
The Department is a department of The University of Oxford and is a world leader in child health research and hosts internationally renowned research programmes in gastroenterology, haematology, HIV, immunology, neuroimaging and vaccinology. Their work spans from early proof-of-concept fundamental science all the way up to its application in clinical settings.
Your new role
The Senior Finance Manager is a new management position within the Department, assuming full administrative responsibility for financial matters as necessary, reporting directly to the Head of Administration and Finance, who has overall responsibility for the administration and support services in the Department.
As Senior Finance Manager you will be responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the Department's finances and motivation of the finance and grants team currently comprising a Finance Manager, two Finance Officers, a Grants Manager and a Grants Officer. You will require high levels of leadership, management, organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure workloads are managed and prioritised so that targets and deadlines are met and a high-quality service is provided to all members of the Department.
The post holder will support the Head of Administration and Finance with resource planning, forecasting and budgeting and will continue to develop an enhanced management reporting process covering all of the department's activities. You will be responsible for the full range of financial transaction processing carried out within the department.
This is an exciting time for the Department of Paediatrics, which is currently expanding its research activities. This role provides an opportunity to contribute to the development of a professional financial services team that will underpin and sustain this growth.
What you'll need to succeed
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
* Hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification, such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or CIPFA, or be at the final stage of study for such a qualification.
* Substantial and sustained high level financial administration experience, including budget management and forecasting, use of complex financial software packages, research grant accounting and a thorough understanding of the requirements of an academic department
* A successful track record of managing, leading and training staff.
* Highly organised, excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving skills with a preference for generating solution based ideas.
* The ability to manage a varied workload under pressure to meet deadlines, working autonomously without close supervision
* A flexible, 'can do' attitude, showing initiative and innovation and a strong commitment to customer service.
* A high level of personal discretion, tact, and judgement, especially when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential material.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Highly computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Experience of working in the Higher Education sector in a research-intensive organisation
* Experience of Oracle Financials R12
* Experience of X5 (or similar costing and pricing tools)
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary and pension package
Genuine career progression within a World leading establishment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits
Vice-President Finance and Administration
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Head of Finance
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Bursar & Clerk to the Governors