Senior Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Manager|
|Location:||Bradford, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 10:39|
A major employer of choice in the Bradford area seeks qualified Senior Finance Managers
Your new company
A major telecoms business with finance team in Bradford
Your new role
- Working with internal and outsourced colleagues, monitoring completion of accounting tasks in your area
- Overseas travel to build relationships with colleagues (potential and optional)
- Identifying and managing operational and financial risks to OCF and Balance Sheet accounts
- Managing, mentoring and developing direct finance graduate report
- Processes & change: Understand and be an expert on the processes within your area, and liaise with stakeholders to understand business changes and strategy, and take responsibility to work with them and the outsourced team to amend processes to ensure accounting remains accurate and timely, and other reporting requirements are addressed.
- Profit and Loss/Capex Accounting: review and present divisional reporting packs for internal stakeholders in line with required deadlines, plus any other adhoc reporting as required.
- Profit and Loss/Capex Accounting: provide variance analysis with meaningful commercial commentary
- Profit and Loss/Capex Accounting: work with Group Financial Control and Policy to ensure GAAP compliant policies are applied to profit and loss accounting entries
- Profit and Loss/Capex Accounting: identify and communicate non-recurring transactions
- Balance Sheet: responsible for Balance Sheet accounts, including review of reconciliations and ensuring adequate assurance activities have occurred, commercial and transactional completeness of commentary, and summarisation of key items
- Control: responsible for SOX control completion and effectiveness, payment approvals, chart of accounts mappings and governance changes for your area, and ownership of audit relationship for your area
What you'll need to succeed
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ideally 3 to 5 years' post-qualified experience within Management or Financial Accounting and/or Audit
- The ability to communicate with senior stakeholders across the business, to understand their needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service
- Experience of working collaboratively, across internal and external teams in multiple locations, to deliver improvements and best practice
- The drive to be self-motivated, well organised and resilient - ideally with experience of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment!
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive salary and benefits package. The opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Requests for flexible and part time working will be considered
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Manager
£40 - £75000.00 per annum
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
£40 - £70000.00 per annum
£40 - £65000.00 per annum
Richmond upon Thames, London
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum + bonus