Senior Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||William Plom|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 17:05|
Senior Finance Manager, 6 month fixed term contract, salary up to £80,000.
Your new company
A large British multinational insurance company are looking for hardworking professionals to support them in delivering a new General Ledger and associated finance systems tools. The role is on a fixed term contract basis and will require you to demonstrate both strong technical accounting and project management skills. Under the leadership of their Global Process Owners, will be responsible for our core Finance operational and reporting processes.
More specifically, this role sits within Financial Reporting team of 20 people, who are responsible for the delivery of the statutory and regulatory returns of many of the Group's legal entities. The role reports into the Head of Financial Reporting and will interact heavily with the Brexit team.
This is hugely dynamic role, where you will need to be comfortable with taking care of a broad spectrum of responsibilities and stakeholders. As the project develops, and permanent staff roll off year-end, there will likely be an opportunity to be involved in the team's regular activities.
Your new role
Key aspects of the job will include:
- Supporting the delivery of change projects.
- Taking ownership of all required deliverables, whether directly delivering outputs or overseeing delivery by appropriate SME's within the team.
- Identifying and monitoring progress against critical path activities.
- Providing Head of Financial Reporting with regular updates on progress.
- Identifying and mitigating risks as they arise.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience of IFRS reporting.
- Working in a large organisation, where you're comfortable with delivering within a change environment and able to strike a balance between technical and operational aspects of the role.
- Ability to support and drive a large-scale delivery, influencing and working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A background in financial services is not required but would be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay reviews.
- 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's