£54k - 57k per year
20 days ago
Keen to benefit from a Civil Service pension scheme? Searching for a senior finance role which will lead a team? Are you a qualified Accountant with experience working for a local authority? If yes, this could be a brilliant opportunity for you!
Robertson Bell are partnering with this aspiring council whilst they recruit to a Senior Finance Manager vacancy. Leading a team of six this role will oversee monthly and yearly reporting and will act as the main point of contact for external auditors. Duties for this role will include:
- Lead on all aspects of budgeting, accounting and financial planning.
- Negotiate renewals of contracts ensuring value for money is always achieved.
- Contribute towards financial strategies working closely with senior management.
- Oversee the closure of accounts ensuring accurate information is recorded at all times.
- Create and roll out financial training to the wider organisation.
- Oversee the departments performance and deputise for the Head of Finance when necessary.
- Handle complex queries related to VAT and technical accounting matters.
This Senior Finance Manager is a broad and challenging role which contributes hugely to the overall performance and success of the finance department. This role would officially be based from the organisations head office in Hertfordshire however highly flexible working arrangements will always be offered. Management and previous local authority experience is essential in order to be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant.
- Have extensive people management experience.
- Have led on month end and year end processes.
- Have recent local authority experience.
- Be a clear and confident communicator.
For more information on this opportunity please do not hesitate in submitting an application.