£51,729 - 58,207 per year + up to £5,000 Accountancy allowance
18 days ago
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
The Commonwealth Games Delivery Unit (CGDU) is a programme unit created and designed by DCMS to arrange the Games delivery. This delivery is either through others, as explained above, or direct through CGDU to arrange elements that only central government can. CGDU plays a key role across all aspects of the Games from setting up the Birmingham Organising Committee and offering them practical support to become fully operational, liaising between partners and acting as the single point of coordination for cross-departmental support for the Games. CGDU will also promote and protect government interests by applying appropriate governance and sponsorship of the Birmingham Organising Committee as an ALB of DCMS.
The Senior Finance Manager will work closely with the DCMS Finance team, as CGDU Senior Finance Manager you will enable and ensure a high standard of financial planning and management of the Games and CGDU budgets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising and working with the SRO, CGDU Executive Director, Deputy Director of Finance, HM Treasury, DCMS Finance, the Games Organising Committee and across government departments as required
- Provide regular reports and updates on expenditure against budget, forecasts and risks to the DCMS Programme Board and other committees, and to the Treasury
- Consolidating and monitoring monthly, quarterly and medium term financial accounts forecast and budget, responding to emerging pressures
- Provide high quality financial advice to the CGDU budget holders at a strategic level
- Track, monitor and control the flow of funding from the Treasury to the Organising Committee and other parties
- Setting up the process for monitoring the increasing number of grants and streamlining the set up of new grants
- Ensure the timely and regular provision of information on the latest position against budget (both in-year and whole-life) to feed into the normal financial reporting processes of DCMS, including cash management, budget reporting and Parliamentary Estimates
- Work closely with the DCMS financial accounts team to ensure the Department’s annual accounts accurately reflect the CGDU position
- Continuous review of plans and forecasts to identify and secure efficiencies
- Input to and monitoring of Funding Agreements with partners, including the ongoing monitoring of financial performance
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Finance professional, with a CCAB or CIMA qualification.
- Leadership and management experience with a strong track record of delivery in a high profile, financial environment
- Excellent financial skills with experience of formulating and implementing strategies, policies and programmes which cross service or professional boundaries
- Strategic finance/financial management experience (planning, budgeting, forecasting and in-year reporting)
- Welll developed leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly secure the confidence of senior stakeholders, Board-level colleagues and chief executives, building highly effective, influential and collaborative relationships
- Knowledge and experience of central government finance and the associated financial reporting rules and requirements, including HM Treasury and NAO arrangements
- Experience of providing visible leadership to support long term projects
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.