Senior Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||£57000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2019 14:54|
Robertson Bell are exclusively partnering with Look Ahead Care and Support to recruit a Senior Finance Business Partner for their fast-paced Finance team. Look Ahead is a unique organisation that provides specialist services across four key demographics: Learning Disabilities, Homelessness, Mental Health, and Care Leavers. Their turnover has grown steadily over the last 10 years and is now approaching £70m, with the majority of their income coming from providing care and support to some of the most vulnerable in society.
With head offices near Westminster and Pimlico station in Central London, the role of the Senior Finance Business Partner reports to the Director of Finance and acts as the "face" of finance, operating in a highly visible position by regularly visiting budget holders to be a true Partner, bridging the gap between Finance and the outside business. You will oversee a team responsible for the production of management accounts and providing financial information to aid senior management's decision making.
Additional key accountabilities include:
- Providing exceptional business partnering support to the Care directorate, including key contacts at Deputy Director, Heads of, and Contract Manager levels; building strong relationships and being face-to-face around the business to provide tailored support for non-financially minded budget holders
- Managing a team of four, consisting of one Finance Business Partner and three Assistant Management Accountants, mentoring each member of staff and providing them with tailored support to encourage their career development
- Support the business through high-level financial modelling of various contract scenarios, assessing financial viability and operating efficiency of schemes and appraising opportunities for new business, as well as existing contracts
- Developing efficiency within the budgeting and forecasting process, identifying ways to improve reporting capability to provide greater support to strategic and operational decision making
- Heading up the Management Accounting function, writing reports for Senior Leadership Team on the Housing, Support and Care directorates, overseeing the preparation of monthly management accounts for the Senior Management Team, including the provision of commentary and analysis.
Look Ahead is an organisation unlike any other - its range of services and focus on service users mean that while following Housing SORP, they operate in many respects like a commercial organisation. This role should therefore appeal to candidates who want to work in the not-for-profit sector whilst maintaining the pace, drive and commerciality of a large business.
In due course, this role has the potential to grow into a more senior role and take on more responsibility across finance as you develop underneath a supportive Director of Finance. On offer is an excellent benefits package including generous annual leave entitlement, as well as the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave. You will have a flexible working location, based from head offices that are clean, bright and welcoming.
To be considered, you'll need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant who has exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrate experience of successfully providing business partnering support within a complex organisation and wide-ranging levels of budget holder interaction
- Have high-level financial modelling expertise and a proven ability to use the output to influence strategic decision making
- Previous management experience is not essential, however the desire and ability to lead a team is! You will have the confidence to be a strong people manager who can lead staff at a mix of levels and abilities.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 1st December 2019, with interviews for successful applicants being arranged shortly afterwards. Applications are now under continual review, so if you meet the minimum criteria, please apply now through the link below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's