Senior Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Dixon|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 10:02|
A great opportunity has arisen to join a leading PSEC business in Swindon.
Your new company
A leading public sector business in Swindon
Your new role
- provide finance business partner support, coordinating financial management of division projects and activities, engaging proactively with the Management Team to obtain a "big picture" view of departmental plans, priorities and key projects
- closely monitor grants programme; ensuring spend is correctly accounted for from a financial accounting and management accounting perspective
- assist in preparation of any financial reporting and liaise with them in connection with reviews or ad hoc queries on financial issues
- provide financial support to specific programmes within the PD portfolio, working closely with the Heads of the programmes/ projects manages to ensure that all financial and procurement transactions are consistent with propriety, regularity, corporate governance and value for money criteria and in line with approved budgets
- oversee long term and strategic financial planning, modelling costs and profiling alternative planning scenarios via the PD 10 Year Plan
- support division heads and project managers in budgetary control and forecasting of projects, reviewing actual expenditure, analysing, explaining and mitigating variances and maintaining a proactive view of future risks
- set up and maintain budgets and forecasts for projects in Oracle and Hyperion
- provide financial control with regards to all aspects of project/programme costing, in year financial management, year-end accounts and planning and budgeting exercise (by way of the 10 Year Plan) relating to PD areas of responsibility.
- Provide financial input into Audit, BIS queries etc. within the PD area of responsibility
- Advise on costing and pricing project proposals for new projects in accordance with processes and policy.
What you'll get in return
Great working hours
40 days holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
Head of Finance Business Partnering
£57,034 - 67,970 per year + £4,000 accountancy allowance
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Strategic Financial Analysis Lead
£50,345 to £57,917 plus £2,000/£4,000 accountancy allowance
£46k - 48k per year