|Job Title:||Senior Examiner|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Paid per examination session|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 10:41|
Become and ICAEW Advanced Level Strategic Business Management Senior Examiner.
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Advanced Level team within the ACA qualification in Q3 2020.
Examiners work according to guidelines set by ICAEW. Main responsibilities are to:
- be responsible for the overall preparation and setting of exam papers and mark schemes
- work with other exam team members on the setting of exam papers and mark schemes according to fixed timetables
- attend specific meetings, including exam review boards, liaison meetings with tutors and firms, and training and development activities
- manage the marking of examination papers
- prepare commentaries and mark schemes for publication
- support in the recruitment and selection of markers
- review ICAEW learning materials.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- experience of exam development and delivery, or of relevant education programmes
- specialism in Strategic Business Management including areas of: business strategy and management; financial strategy; financial structure and financial reconstruction; financial instruments and financial markets; corporate reporting; assurance; together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that tutors are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately ten contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please email ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by 23rd March 2020 with your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Interviews will be held with members of ICAEW staff and representatives of the Assessment Committee on 14th May 2020 at Chartered Accountants Hall, our London office.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Management Accountant
£45000 - £53000 per annum
Senior Management Accountant
£45000.00 - £54000.00 per annum
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit
53000 - 75000
NAS Senior Manager – Audit Professional Services (Happy to talk flexible working)
60000 - 85000
£45000 - £55000 per annum