£40000 - £50000 per annum
14 days ago
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst has responsibility for developing, maintaining and reporting on effective new business acquisition strategies (including scorecards, policy rules, affordability models) deliver optimal loss mitigation, business profitability, compliance with external rules (e.g. Regulation, Conduct Rules Principles of Reciprocity) and positive customer outcomes.
Our client has be growing massively within their selected field, and due to that has been growing all their teams but seen the most growth within their Credit risk team. Due to this growth, this would allow the right candidate to have a great opportunity to progress within the business.
- Assist Credit Risk Manager in the development, management and monitoring of all models including acquisition and behavioral scorecards, cut-off models and system policy rule sets.
- Ensure score cut-off strategies and policy rules are set at an optimal level to drive loss performance in line with agreed business objectives, and achieve positive customer outcomes
- Proactively identify areas that can be improved (either through effectiveness, efficiency, improved outcomes or better controls) and design and deliver plans which implement these improvements
- Assist in the design, build, implement and monitor affordability models and strategies in line with FCA requirements and prevailing legislation to ensure outcomes aligned to business and customer objectives
- Liaise with other analytics teams within PFG and external parties (e.g. other lenders) to deliver best practice and consistency
- Ensure all models and rationale are documented
- Assist in the development of fraud prevention and detection strategies at the customer onboarding stage to protect and mitigate fraud loss
- Assist in the research of statistical techniques (machine learning, neural networks, etc) and industry best practice to ensure optimal fraud model design
- Work with operational teams (e.g. New Business) to ensure strategies are effectively delivered within an operational context
- 3+ years' experience of new business / acquisition analytics in a finance services context
- Ability to use analytical and statistical tools (primarily SAS) on large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets
- Ability to build positive working relationships with other business stakeholders, acting as an Subject Matter Expert on all credit risk aspects relating to new business / acquisition
- Strong team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and proactively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong written presentation skills, with ability to translate complex analytical issues into non-technical delivery
- Strong leadership skills
A fantastic opportunity to join a booming business with the opportunity to work fully remotely.