Senior Cost Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Cost Accountant|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + 38 days annual leave, 15% pension|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 16:53|
Senior Cost Accountant vacancy in Sheffield with a leading Public Sector/Financial Services organisation
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading Sheffield based employer who operate within the public sector and financial services sector to recruit into a key Senior Cost Accountant position within their operational finance team. An organisation who are a leading light in delivering modern working practices, my client embrace flexible working and forward thinking ideas to deliver 'best in industry' service to both external and internal stakeholders.
Your new role
As a senior member of the Operational Finance team, your role will have varying elements including cost reporting, continuous improvement and people management. Your role will entail the following:
- Develop high-quality monthly operational cost reports and headcount and project reports
- Develop monthly business area specific cost reports to include actuals, budget and forecast
- Develop monthly rolling cost forecasting for the organisation and entities
- Manage production of annual operational and salary cost budget and forecasts, report actuals against plan and manage monthly / quarterly re-forecasting
- Line-manage direct reports and also coach and develop the wider team
- Deputise for the team Director and represent the Finance department, for example in meetings with the Executive Committee and Government departments
- Introduce a culture of continuous improvement to Finance Operations, working with the team Director and across Finance to maximise the effectiveness of finance processes, reporting systems and the financial control framework
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in producing quality cost reports, business planning and forecasting
- Significant experience in management of cost reporting and analysis
- Experience of team management and development
- Excel proficiency
- Previous experience working with Access Dimensions would be of benefit but is not essential.
You must hold a CCAB accredited accountancy qualification to apply for this position.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available within this role. The organisation are currently working from home, with some access to offices. They are currently putting in place a formal policy for flexible working arrangements.
- Salary of up to £70,000 per annum.
- 15% pension
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 38 days annual leave entitlement (inclusive of bank holiday)
- Flexible working * Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Life assurance
- Lifestyle benefits
- Modern, enjoyable working environment
- Supportive & collaborative culture with opportunities to progress
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Change Accountant/Project Accountant
£40000 - £65000 per annum + bonus
Senior Fund Accountant (12m FTC)
Up to £44000.00 per annum
French Speaking Senior Regulatory Reporting Accountant
City of London, London
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, good benefits
Senior Accountant - Adult Social Care
Solihull, West Midlands
£46845 - £53006 per annum
Senior Accountant - Resources and Commercial Finance
Solihull, West Midlands
£46000 - £53000 per annum