Senior Commercial Analyst (Contract)
|Job Title:||Senior Commercial Analyst (Contract)|
|Salary:||£42000 - £47000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zuzanna Radkiewicz|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2021 14:11|
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst into the team to support a maternity cover (9 month FTC) reporting to the Senior Management Team.
This role will require the Commercial Analyst to drive overall improvement in financial, operational and analytical processes, as required to support the Finance team and wider business.
A successful and high growth retailer is looking to recruit a commercially minded finance professional who is looking for a medium length assignment to broaden their experience and use existing skills to add value to the finance team.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly trading results, analyse figures and highlight risks and opportunities to the business to ensure appropriate action is taking including reviewing key trading initiatives.
- Weekly production of trade pack and supporting analysis to provide insight and identify any future risks and opportunities that could impact the trading position, ensuring that any subsequent commercial actions are implemented on a timely basis.
- Prepare commercial analysis for the month end board pack slides ensuring that all trading explanations accurately reflect the key messages of the month.
- Budgeting & forecasting - work with the head of commercial finance and the commercial team to translate the commercial plans into robust financial plans, which will then be used to manage and monitor performance.
- Supplier rebate & incentives - assist with the process around supplier rebates and incentives, as well as supplier funding, including budgeting, monitoring and liaising with suppliers to ensure all parties are aligned and the year-end target is achieved.
- Seasonal reporting and insight - provide daily and weekly insight into peak seasonal trading performance Support the commercial team to understand the financial metrics behind the seasonal plan and ensure the appropriate level of information is provided to support subsequent commercial decisions (i.e. price action, stock management).
- Pricing modelling and insights - prepare price modelling as required to support the commercial decisions around price actions to be taken with follow up reporting and review and insight to subsequent results.
- Stock reporting and oversight - support the management and reporting of stock balances at each period end. Provide the necessary reports and support to the commercial team to allow them to take appropriate actions around managing and reducing the stock lines in line with the corporate goals.
- Data Integrity - continually review commercial trading data to ensure consistency across all reporting and the finance and commercial teams. Manage communications as required to ensure a consistent understanding of the data and its uses.
- Process Improvements - proactively review all tasks on an ongoing basis to drive process improvements which will streamline and simplify reporting requirements. Ensure that any process improvements are implemented in a controlled way such that the full impact of process change is fully understood and managed.
Additional Responsibilities - Any other duties as required by the Company.
The successful candidate will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified or Qualified By Experience (not actively studying)
- Will have previous experience in a commercial and analytical role, including a commercial finance analyst / finance business partner position (Recent or Past)
- Provide a clear, timely and well organised flow of information within, to and from the department and business to ensure the Finance Team can support the wider business in an effective manner
Opportunity to join the business during an exciting time of growth
Well-established and fun working environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Senior Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 77000
Commercial Financial Director
Craigavon, County Armagh
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
Commercial Finance Director
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
50000 - 65000