Competitve + Benefits
18 days ago
Mazars Accounts and Advisory Team
You will be part of a dynamic and evolving business advisory team that provides an outstanding quality of service to SME clients. The role includes year end accounting work, corporation tax work, cash flows and business advisory aspects.
The Accounts and Advisory team offers great opportunities to liaise directly with clients, and to be part of a rapidly expanding team. Responsibility for client portfolios is given at an early stage once relevant competency levels have been attained.
You will have the opportunity to both contribute to and share in the success of this team. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors and liaise with our colleagues in other teams to provide a high quality service to our clients.
Mazars is committed to helping you develop your career. We provide both support and training for you which is identified through our regular appraisal and feedback process, enabling us to set achievable objectives for you to work towards.
• Preparation of statutory accounts for clients, including consolidated accounts and consolidation workings
• Preparation of corporation tax computations
• Preparation of management accounts
• Lead other ad-hoc advisory assignments
• Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues
• Management of small portfolio of business clients reporting to manager
• Be a point of contact in client relationships within that portfolio
• Building relationships with clients
• To raise profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service they receive
• Mentoring, supervising and training colleagues
• Leading the development of the junior team and developing a succession plan to ensure the correct team structure going forwards
• ACCA/ACA qualified or studying ACCA with broad practical accounting experience
• A minimum of 3 years working in practice is required
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong people management skills with a passion for developing others
• Significant experience of:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for limited companies
- Preparation of partnership accounts
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
• Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills, including dealing with clients and colleagues
• Corporation tax knowledge preferred
• Strong numerical and IT skills
• Some knowledge of preparation of academy accounts would be desirable but not essential
• Some knowledge of Xero, CaseWare and Alphatax would be desirable but not essential
• Full UK driving licence is desirable but not essential