Senior Business Planning Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Business Planning Manager|
|Contact Name:||Martin Jackson|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2021 12:06|
- Leading annual and quarterly financial forecasts for the Europe & UK business, partnering with the control team to lead monthly variance analysis and communicating results to the leadership team.
- Also responsible for serving as a key business thought partner to the Europe & UK senior leadership team and functional heads by providing analytical support for strategic initiatives and identifying business model growth opportunities.
This client is a well known and loved global FMCG business based in Hertfordshire that are going through a period of expansion. This Senior Business Planning Manager role is to cover for and complete a handover with the new permanent hire for during this time.
- Lead financial planning for our 3 year, annual & quarterly P&L forecasts including new units, same store sales, company owned store costs, general & administration costs as well as other profit levers.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the business to bring together our business strategy and reflect this in our financial forecasts and reporting; Robustly challenge estimates to ensure gaps to plan are identified & addressed.
- Partner with the control team to manage and deliver a high quality and insightful end-to-end month end process by analyzing financial performance versus forecast.
- Track financial risks & opportunities as well as identify business levers to deliver the plan each month.
- Communicate a clear and coherent story of performance and actions to the Europe & UK senior leadership team, including developing and building presentation decks for the senior leadership team.
- Work directly with the planning team at the International headquarters (USA) to report monthly/ quarterly results.
- Support process changes and contribute towards making the FP&A process more efficient, insightful and accurate.
- Take personal accountability to drive and own business performance by driving insights, challenging status quo and building a holistic understanding of the business
- Act as a key commercial thought partner to our UK & European cross-functional teams (including marketing, operations and development) to bring analytical rigor and discipline to functional strategic initiatives; Examples of this could include; pricing & value analysis, store profitability & benchmarking analysis, new concept development.
- Lead or support other key strategic projects aimed at continuously evolving the business strategy; Examples of this include: labour model, mechanics to charge for delivery, ops initiatives that drive efficiency back of house, store profit analysis, dissecting & analyzing past performance
- Lead collection, reporting and analysis of Franchise EBITDA performance across UK, bringing pace & intensity to driving profit growth at a store level.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), proven influencing skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Highly analytical, with excellent interpersonal skills, strong adaptability to a fast-moving environment and high sense of urgency and accountability.
- An eye toward continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and business processes.
- Best-in-class academics in a business and/or analytical topic preffered.
- Fully qualified.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a financial analysis role or relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results.
- Experience in one or several of the following fields: Consulting, Strategic Planning, Commercial Finance in FMCG, Retail, or Manufacturing preferred. Strong skills in financial planning and modelling required.
- Highly computer literate with excellent command of Excel and Powerpoint. Comfortable building and running highly complex financial models. Experience in Cognos and JD Edwards would be beneficial but is not required.
- Senior Business Planning Manager
- Good day rate.
- Great company within SMG.
- 6 month role for a Senior Business Planning Manager.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partnering Manager
Kingston upon Thames, London
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Interim Senior Finance Manager
£350 - £400 per day
VAT Senior Manager - In House Tax
Audit Senior Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 77000
Finance Business Partner
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits