|Job Title:||Senior Bookkeeper|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kavita Sharma|
|Job Published:||November 08, 2019 15:42|
Your new company
An Accountancy Firm based in Wantage is currently recruiting for a Senior Bookkeeper to joint their finance department. A busy and friendly environment, this is a well established firm with a portfolio of various local businesses they successfully partner with.
Your new role
Your new role is a busy and varied opportunity, including but not limited to the below:
- Day to day bookkeeping for a number of clients using a number of accountancy systems including Xero and Sage
- Recording and posting all transactions
- Checking transactions are posted correctly to the supplier ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Completing accounts to trial balance
- Reconciling VAT, PAYE, bank and credit cards
- Working closely and collaboratively with the client to resolve queries
- Generating management reports from a variety of softwares
- Working to client deadlines
What you'll need to succeed
You will be experienced working in a busy finance role either within an accountancy firm or a complex business. You will have strong systems skills and ideally experience using Sage or Xero, additionally you will be a confident user of Excel. This role will require experience in preparing management accounts to trial balance, VAT returns and general bookkeeping,
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a friendly and supportive work environment with a competitive salary. You will also have free parking onsite and an early Friday finish.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's