Senior Billing & Collections Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Billing & Collections Manager|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£90000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + free parking, flexible working|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2019 14:22|
Senior Billings & Collections Manager vacancy - Sheffield - c.£100,000 + package
Your new company
Your new company is a significant player in the Legal sector with a key office based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
With offices across the globe, this organisation are leaders in the market in a specialist area of the Legal sector, and are seeking to add to a significant senior leadership position within the organisation.
Your new role
You will hold the position of Senior Billings & Collections Manager, a key strategic role within the organisation, managing the EMEA billings & collections team whilst reporting directly to the Finance Director. With a team of c.35 members, including 3-4 direct reports, you will hold responsibility for both the strategic and tactical operation of the group, including:
- Invoice creation and delivery
- Ensuring client SLA's are met
- Maintaining accuracy across the entire process
- Ensuring collection of amounts due in line with the Firm's agreed payment terms
In conjunction with the management team, you will lead a streamlined process through operational activity review and ensuring optimal performance.
Alongside your responsibility for regional management of Billings & Collections, you will be a key integrator with internal and external stakeholders, providing subject matter expertise for RFP's and client reviews.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and monitor the effectiveness of client billing, WIP management, collection and initiate improvements to enhance the quality of service.
- Review unbilled disbursements account balances on a monthly basis and investigate any significant movements.
- Review monthly bad debt provision and agree next steps in advance of ledger close to ensure it is appropriate.
- Client focus & relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior finance contacts at these key clients to ensure prompt and efficient processing of bills and collection of cash.
- Develop close relationships with client services teams across the network.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate for this role will also have the following qualifications and experience:
- Monitoring and driving enhancements to operational performance.
- Working closely with internal staff to support customer requirements.
- Ability to focus on customer satisfaction.
- Managing billing issues from start to resolution.
- Management of collections processes and resolution of past due invoices and issues.
- Responding to billing questions and assist with historical data analysis.
- Analysing billing KPI's; including team performance, operational SLA's, collection and bad debt management, cancellation trends, daily and monthly billing.
- Must be a team player with project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of billing systems and management of invoicing cycles.
- Must be able to recognise problems that impact ability to run monthly billing processes, identify the problems and work towards resolution.
- Must be able to listen to customer questions, provide appropriate response and follow up on action items.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and complete assignments and tasks in a timely manner.
- Must have tolerance for dealing with upset or frustrated individuals.
- Driving continual automation and measurement against critical metrics for our billing processes.
- Bachelor's degree.
What you'll get in return
You will earn a salary of c.£100,000 depending on experience as a key member of the leadership team within the organisation. Alongside this, this position benefits from:
- Modern, luxury offices, including a recent renovation
- 25 days + 8 days bank holiday
- A strong, collaborative working culture
- Free on site parking
- Monthly team building activities and rewards including office drinks, treats etc.
- Leading employee wellbeing programme
- Option to work from home one day per week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's