Senior Billing & Collections Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Billing & Collections Manager|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £45000 per annum + leading package|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 16:27|
Your new company
Your new company is a significant player in the Legal sector with a key office based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
With offices across the globe, this organisation are leaders in the market in a specialist area of the Legal sector, and are seeking to add to a significant middle leadership position within the organisation.
Your new role
You will hold the position of Billings Manager, a key strategic role within the organisation, managing the EMEA billings team whilst also being personally involved in the creation of invoices and statistical reporting relating to the billing performance and process relating to the professional services provided by the company.
Working within a team of c.35 members, you will also be responsible for assisting Managers, Directors and Partners with the successful delivery of the business's key goals and objectives, specifically around billing accuracy and billing performance against targets/forecasts, recovery of disbursements, working with the business to enable minimising of billing errors and overall performance against both client agreed and internal SLA's. You will also act as a reference point for day-to-day billing questions relating to the clients/offices which they are responsible.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking full responsibility for the management of outstanding work in progress and ensuring that billing is up to date and outstanding Work In Progress (WIP) is kept to a minimum
- Managing & developing the billing team in the region
- Initiating vendor checks in conjunction with OCG and collating information to support the setting up of existing and new vendors.
- Setting KPI's and billing targets in conjunction with the Senior Global Manager.
- Liaising with Clients to ensure billing protocols are in place to ensure invoice creation and delivery is in line with client expectations/requirement to enable effective collection of invoices by the collections team.
- Liaising internally and externally with relevant parties to efficiently resolve any queries on client accounts related to billing and work in conjunction with the other members of the billing & collections management team to ensure future compliance on invoice creation & submission are achieved.
- Knowledge expert on tax requirements relating to billing and ensure changes are communicated and teams understanding remains current.
- Ensure own knowledge and teams is current on e-billing requirements, including electronic billing via client portals and third party software, such as Ledes.
- Ensure billing templates are current and notify any changes to bank details, address or other fiscal requirements are communicated to the business.
- Collaborate with Partner group to ensure standard operating model is adhered to and where required, changes are made, agreed and communicated
- Ensure third party supplier invoices are compliant and approved within agreed SLA, highlighting to senior management where vendors are non-compliant and work with vendor in that respect.
- Provide training to both external vendors and internal business on billing processes and procedures.
- Work with disbursement control team to ensure disbursements are recovered in full and correct processes are followed in relation to irrecoverable disbursements.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous management experience overseeing a medium-large team in a billing/finance environment, ideally from a professional services background.
Other key personality/skill requirements:
- Supports strong client relationships by displaying professionalism and efficiency in appropriate communications as directed by management
- Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Is a reference point on more complex issues for the team members - assists with their questions and provides guidance.
- Identifies training and development needs within the team and supports the Finance Management Team with reviews where performance goals are set, measured and constructive criticism is provided
- Communicates issues of development and performance related issues to HR and reporting Manager and implements plans to address any areas of concern
- Monitors and achieves billing targets, alerts Management immediately if targets cannot be reached and presents an action plan
What you'll get in return
You will earn a salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience as a key member of the middle-leadership team within the organisation. Alongside this, this position benefits from:
- Modern, luxury offices, including a recent renovation
- 25 days + 8 days bank holiday
- A strong, collaborative working culture
- Free on site parking
- Monthly team building activities and rewards including office drinks, treats etc.
- Leading employee wellbeing programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's