£41,000 - 50,425 per year + 15% market salary supplement
18 days ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop a rewarding career in Internal Audit? Do you work effectively on your own projects, applying an inquisitive mindset and being thorough in everything you do? Are you looking for the stability and development opportunities offered by a career in the Civil Service?
Robertson Bell is partnered with an historic government department in central London to recruit two Senior Auditor positions to bolster their growing team. These posts come at a time of great anticipated growth for the department, and therefore, the positions offer wonderful development opportunities for the right candidates.
You will report to the Audit Manager and hold the following key responsibilities:
- Delivering risk-based audits across the full scope of the department’s engagements, including areas such as financial compliance, as well as looking in various overseas projects in fields such as environmental and defence. These projects have values reaching billions of pounds.
- Working in a small team or on your own, taking on a variety of audit projects throughout the year according to the audit plan, and delivering the full scope of an audit cycle
- Running a full audit cycle under supervision from the leadership team, from planning and drafting terms of reference, to conducting field work and producing detailed reports that contribute to the improvement of services provided by the department
- Engaging proactively, and build strong relationships, with stakeholders in all parts of the department to promote the Audit function’s service and ensure Audit is seen as a valuable resource that contributes to sustaining and furthering the offering of the department
- Highlight key areas of risk and make reliable recommendations for senior management that ultimately allow the department to continue providing an exceptional service to its customers.
On offer is a huge array of benefits including access to the Civil Service Pension scheme; truly flexible working with the option to create your schedule around the core hours; opportunity to work compressed hours; opportunity for substantial home working; and a friendly working culture in an Audit team that is respected and valued by colleagues in other parts of the department.
Due to the structure of the team, this role is also an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop into an Audit Manager position within the next few years.
Candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including:
- Newly qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA) looking to develop a career in Internal Audit. In particular, those with a recent ACA qualification who have trained in External Audit looking for a career move are strongly encouraged to apply
- Candidates with an Internal Audit qualification (IIA, CIA) with internal audit experience in any sector
- Part-qualified accountants or auditors looking to join an organisation where their development will be supported
- Those with audit experience in financial services such as Banking and Insurance
- Prior experience in the public sector is not required
To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to work effectively leading their own workloads and delivering high level reporting to tight deadlines. You will be a self starter with the ambition to learn and take on additional responsibility and possess particularly strong communication and relationship-building skills..
Please note, this post will be subject to Security Clearance. Interviews will be conducted according to Civil Service Success Profiles, for which Robertson Bell will provide support and coaching.
If this role is a good fit for you, please apply immediately to be considered as applications are under constant review!