Senior Audit Associate
|Job Title:||Senior Audit Associate|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charmaine Gandhi|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2020 18:25|
To provide quality accounting and auditing services to clients within the Charity Team.
Our client has nearly 450 people working together under one roof at their office in London, making them the largest single office accountancy firm in the UK.
They're big enough to display deep knowledge over a range of specialisms, but small enough to understand the power of personal connections. They long ago moved from being accountants to being advisers and are now partners to their clients. In fact, they believe that what they do is as much about relationships as expertise, so they are looking for individuals who are prepared to look beyond the numbers, to see the people and stories behind them.
The importance of relationships is equally important between colleagues. They expect teams to collaborate with each other to successfully operate across departments. It means externally they support the whole of the client rather than a fragment and internally we all benefit from shared experience and knowledge.
- Act as an auditor in the Charity Team, working with a wide range of not-for-profit organisations, including charities (social, religious, welfare, international development, healthcare etc) and educational organisations (academies, further education colleges and Higher Education Institutes).
- Carry out all audit work in compliance with the firm's and statutory procedures.
- Prepare accounts, including consolidated accounts, from both manual and computerised accounting records.
- Provide general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts, for example preparing working papers.
- Recommend improvements to the clients' accounting systems and controls, assisting when needed.
- Complete ad hoc advisory services to the firm's not-for-profit sector clients as the need arises.
- Undertake the planning of the audit in accordance with auditing standards and the firm's own approach and methodology.
- Complete the audit file, including clearance of outstanding matters and review points; drafting of Audit Highlights Memorandum, management letter and letter of representation; and the completion of finalisation checklists.
- Brief, supervise and review the work of junior members of the team, providing constructive feedback and support as necessary, including preparation of formal review forms (where required by the team's feedback systems).
- Assist Partners and Managers in the Charity Team in attracting new work including meeting potential new clients, preparing budgets and proposals and creating marketing documents.
- Keep up to date with auditing and accounting standards and developments within the profession.
- Take responsibility for attaining the requisite CPD each year and for maintaining records of CPD to provide adequate details to the firm's Human Resources department for purposes of Audit Regulation.
- Provide technical support to the Charity Team and its clients in investigating defined issues in liaison with partners and managers of the team.
- Assist in the administration of the Charity Team as and when requested and when time allows.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- A levels or equivalent
- Audit; planning; preparation of statutory accounts; full audit completion
- Must have a strong audit bias
- Able to delegate; able to review and file junior team members' work
- Degree (minimum 2:2)
- ACA or ACCA qualified with 1st time passes
- Audit of not-for-profit organisations
- Group audits
- Experience taking responsibility for a team of two or more
- Excel, Word, Outlook
- Sage; ProAudit (Desirable)
- Demonstrates a desire to work with not-for-profit organisations
- Able to take on responsibility; personable; conscientious; professional attitude; good work ethic; self motivated; able to work to deadlines and under pressure; a multi-tasker.
- Displays ethical judgement
Extensive benefits package and competitive salary- enquire for further details
- 5% pension scheme
- Devlopment opportunities
- 22 days annual leave
- Cover costs of eye tests
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's