Senior Audit and Accounts Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Audit and Accounts Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charmaine Gandhi|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 17:55|
Our client's London office needs an Audit and Accounts Manager to manage a diverse portfolio of clients across Investment Managers, Funds and Banking. You will lead and work with the team to meet client's needs and maximise fee income.
As a firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, our client works in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations.
They offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
Their agile and responsive approach means they are always on hand to have the right conversations with clients at the right time, allowing them to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible in accordance with audit methodology
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment, taking into account the level of the fees and other non-audit work to be included within that fee
- Ensure a detailed audit or accounts planning memorandum is completed by the senior - this will include details of any potential anomalies or any difficulties that have been encountered during previous audits
- Brief audit or accounts staff on the client and the nature of its business ensuring that the most cost-effective approach to the job is clearly communicated.
- Ensure, as far as possible, that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience
- Regular appraisals, and sign off training records to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness
- Work closely with the wider team to ensure control of the day to day staff management.
Business development and Advisory
- Identify opportunities for additional services that the firm can provide to clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Be proactive in involving other experts i.e. Corporate Finance, Tax, Financial Services where relevant
- Be involved in tenders and presentations on audits and accounts
- Coach team members in spotting opportunities and to consider the bigger picture.
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience in external audit, accounts and general practice
Experience working with OMBs covering a range of industries, any experience of Financial Services would be of benefit but is not essential
Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
Client focus and able to think commercially/ able to seek out opportunities within the portfolio
Organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's