Senior Associate - Audit
|Job Title:||Senior Associate - Audit|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Senior Associate - Audit GSY|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Wrigley|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2021 11:15|
We are looking for recently qualified audit professionals to join our team. In order to apply you will need to have the below skillset:
- You will have audit experience and be exam qualified (ICEAW, ACCA or equivalent qualification).
- You will be able to demonstrate an understanding in various financial service lines.
- You will have an ability to lead teams, coach juniors and hold discussions with clients.
- You will have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- You will have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- You will have excellent team-working skills and a flexible approach when faced with new challenges.
What can we offer you?
We offer unrivalled opportunities with an exciting and varied client base. Our training, on the-job learning and development programmes are tailored to your continual professional development needs. We focus on developing your softer skills areas as well as more technical knowledge and experience, enhancing your personal development as you progress within the firm.
PwC in the Channel Islands
Our Channel Islands Assurance practice provides audit and other assurance services to a wide range of clients. Our predominantly financial services client base includes the very best of the Banking, Fiduciary and Investment Management world. Within our client base, our specialisms lie with the Asset and Wealth Management, which includes private equity, hedge funds and real estate investment vehicles. We have close working links with PwC offices in other financial centres ensuring that our staff are kept up to date in the latest industry trends.
Much of our work is recurring audit work, but we also undertake a high level of non-audit assignments for the local financial services industry. Opportunities exist for staff below manager to participate in these assignments.
At PwC all our staff are required to demonstrate certain core skills, which we refer to as our PwC Professional. These are assessed throughout the application process, and candidates should make themselves aware of these, and how their own experiences may demonstrate each competency. These are also used as a benchmark for appraisals throughout your career at PwC.
Applying to PwC
Taking time to read our advice on our recruitment process will help you perform to the best of your ability. In preparation for the recruitment process we would encourage you to think about the criteria that we will be using to assess you.
Each of the topics discussed at your interview/s will relate to one of our PwC Professional skills. These reflect the firm's priorities in terms of how we work in order to meet the needs of our clients. Our recruitment assessments are designed to establish candidates' suitability for not only the role for which they have applied but, also, the firm as a whole. We want to offer candidates not simply jobs but satisfying careers.
When reading through the notes below, consider your personal experience in each of these areas. Ideally, in your interview you should provide recent and relevant examples which will give the interviewer an insight into your particular abilities and/or achievements in each area.
Do you learn from your opportunities and take the time to develop your personal approach to work?
Do you lead others to be the best they can be, whether you’re part of a team or leading one?
Do you act with integrity and uphold professional standards at all times?
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, and coach to help deliver results.
- Proactively raise issues to improve effective team working.
- Work flexibly, managing various clients at once and the respective teams.
Do you maintain professional standards and always produce high quality work?
How do you build and maintain your technical expertise and knowledge?
Do you share your knowledge, to deliver insights with others?
- Test your own and others’ work for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Develop knowledge of the firm’s line of service capabilities and portfolio of offerings.
- Grasp opportunities for technical development through on the job learning exposure.
- Share and draw on the firm’s experts to enhance knowledge.
How do you keep up-to-date with business and industry trends?
Do you consider all facts and think broadly about data when making recommendations?
Do you see opportunities within changing business environments which can add value?
- Learn about your clients’ businesses and how they operate in the industry and marketplace.
- Apply understanding of business models, corporate governance and regulatory frameworks of clients.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry and sector trends.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and propose innovative solutions to problems.
Do you consider a broad range of perspectives in your thinking?
Do you embrace and see opportunity in change?
Can you bring fresh insights to our clients and PwC?
- Seek opportunities for exposure to other businesses, industries and markets.
- Facilitate the collaboration across virtual teams.
- Build and maintain a professional internal and external network.
Do you communicate with confidence?
Do you build and maintain strong and authentic relationships, within your business network and develop new ones outside of it?
Are you passionate about providing exceptional services?
- Use straightforward communication when influencing others.
- Read situations and be sensitive to others, modifying behaviours to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Communicate with clients regularly, sharing progress.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's