Competitive salary + benefits
25 days ago
Crowe UK LLP
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Due to continued growth in our Thames Valley office, we are recruiting a qualified Senior Associate to join our audit/assurance team.
You will be responsible for the delivery of client based assignments, ensuring the team’s audit work and reporting is of high quality. This role will include leading and coaching team members as well as managing relationships with clients. The person in this role will also contribute to the success of our business unit, which will involve wider business and people development. There will be opportunity to work on advisory engagements, on both our audit and non-audit clients.
The role requirements
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualification essential.
- Significant auditing and accounting experience (ideally UKGAAP).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- A passion for client service.
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
- A keenness to further your own personal development and career goals.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Acting as the first point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, research and presentation skills (proficient in power point, excel and word).
- Anticipating client needs, and communicating effectively with clients in both written and verbal exchanges.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind. Acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Assisting in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm’s approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how their work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
- Producing work for the Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Demonstrating business development skills an identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Audit Findings Reports to be provided to the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
Although the majority of your time will be spent servicing clients in Thames Valley, at times, there is a requirement to support the other UK offices.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK LLP’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters. The ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites, including liaison with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.