Senior Accountant / Business Advisor
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant / Business Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2020 17:27|
Senior Accountant job with Top 10 firm in Ipswich (no audit)
Hays are recruiting a Senior Accountant for a Top 10 firm in Ipswich.
Our client is an accountancy and business advisory firm, who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Their clients are Britain's economic engine - ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
As a Senior Accountant / Business Advisor you will be required to work closely and support the senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for their clients throughout the project. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
- Review and management of management accounts process for individual and groups of companies to timetables agreed with client including if needed calculation of adjusting entries
- Understanding of typical interactions between groups of companies
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks.
- Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year end statutory accounts
- Sound knowledge of accounting software packages for example Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks, SAP
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Liaise with auditors as necessary
- Ensure compliance with our streams policies and procedures
- Understands WIP, scope, fees and project negotiations
- Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
- Understands the clients business context to ensure the firm continues to deliver relevant solutions and good value
- Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
- Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
- Continues to build a network of professional contacts
- Attends client meetings with other senior members of the team
- Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
- Contributes to bid documents and proposals
- Attends relevant business seminars
- Supports trainees with their personal and professional development
- Proactively identifies potential new business opportunities.
- Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of accounts preparation package (Caseware, IRIS)
- Competitive salary, benefits package and career progression
Interested? Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
40000 - 50000 plus a comprehensive range of benefits
£38000.00 - £44000.00 per annum
Coventry, West Midlands
£26000 - £34000 per annum + Benefits
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
£32000 - £38000 per annum