Senior Accountant / Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant / Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 09:20|
Experienced practice accountant job with Accountancy firm in Attleborough.
Hays is working with a progressive and highly regarded Chartered Accountants, to assist them in recruiting a Portfolio Holder / Assistant Manager for their Attleborough office.
The role would suit an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant and will include looking after an Accounts and Tax (personal and corporation tax) portfolio.
The role includes:
- Reviewing statutory accounts;
- Speaking to clients regarding any queries, and preparing the file ready for the Partner.
- Finalising the statutory accounts and submitting to Companies House;
- Reviewing quarterly VAT returns and management accounts and liaising with Trainees and Assistants regarding the submission;
- Reviewing corporation tax returns to include submitting these to HM Revenue & Customs;
- Personal tax return work required mainly in relation to Partners / Directors;
- Quoting on fees, raising the fees on the portfolio, as well as managing your work in progress;
- Responsible for the day to day management of clients, this includes dealing with client queries (which may be by telephone, email or in person) and assisting the Partner in future planning and queries as requested.
The portfolio will primarily be limited companies (non-audit), alongside some sole traders and partnerships. As a Portfolio Holder / Assistant Manager, you will also be working with Trainees and Assistants to support their workload and ongoing practical training. This includes liaising with other Managers / Assistant Managers within the office, to ensure deadlines are met. Whilst previous experience of managing a client portfolio would be advantageous, the role would also suit someone who is looking to progress and take on a portfolio. Mentoring from a Manager is available for the right candidate. Experience in managing tasks and reviewing trainees' and assistants' work would be essential.
In reward you will be offered a competitive salary, ongoing progression, free parking and flexible benefits.
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details or apply on line
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Brighton, East Sussex
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£32000 - £40000 per annum + 25 days hol + flexi hours
£30000 - £36000 per annum + 25 days holiday + flexi hours