Senior Accountant - Resources and Commercial Finance
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant - Resources and Commercial Finance|
|Location:||Solihull, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£46000 - £53000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jane Bagni|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2021 15:39|
The Resources, SCH & Commercial Finance team provide financial support to the Resources Directorate within the council and SCH - the Council's Arms-Length Management Organisation responsible for managing the Council's housing stock.
My clients is a large public sector organisation undergoing change and growth
This role will work closely with the Finance Manager to manage a small team in supporting the diverse range of services that make up the Resources Directorate for example Income & Awards, Strategic Land, ICT, Property Services and HR as well as providing some support to the Housing Revenue Account. On a day-to-day basis this role will be required to provide financial support directly to the Director of Resources and Deputy Chief Executive.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager role
- Line management responsibility for a number of team members within the wider finance teams.
- Acting as the Finance Lead in the delivery of specific programmes, service improvement plans and finance led projects, such as Oracle Cloud implementation and Workforce Planning and Visioning.
- Providing financial support to the teams. liaising extensively with Chief Officers, Heads of Service, members of the Directorate Leadership Team and Budget Holders.
- Leading the production of financial monitoring, forecasting and budgeting information, for both revenue and capital, including work resulting from the impact of COVID-19 on the Directorate finances.
- Involvement in the whole financial cycle process including year-end and budget setting at a detailed Directorate level.
- Helping to deliver a challenging savings, transformation and investment agenda, and ensure compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Current full membership of CCAB or CIMA with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Advanced financial management and accounting skills
- Ideally Local Government experience
- Experience of managing a financial team and working closely with other teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
£46,845 - £53,006 dependent on experience plus
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile / remote working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Payroll Accountant
£37,300 - 40,248 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
Senior Finance Analyst
£63000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Car allowance
Advisory and Forensic Accountant - Grade 7
£51,050 - £64,750
£350 - £375 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum