|Job Title:||Senior Accountant|
|Reference:||Req. #: R24503|
|Contact Name:||James Allison|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2021 15:54|
Are you ready for a massive professional challenge?
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch whilst honing your Accounting skills?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our accounting team gets a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for supporting and managing key elements of the financial and operational accounting aspects of our EMEA business, reporting directly to the Assistant Accounting Manager.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will review and approve of monthly accounting entries
- You will manage the preparation of monthly analytical reviews, alongside preparation of high risk balance sheet reconciliations
- You will liaise and support statutory auditors
- You will business partner our Marketing/Finance/Business/Financial systems teams
- You will review and implement process improvement
- You will contribute to executing and delivering on team projects
- Provide coaching to junior members of the team
- Support the business in launching new initiatives by providing appropriate accounting support & oversight
- Support finance team/business with other ad-hoc projects
We're excited about you if you have:
- CA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Big 4 experience required
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to manage and meet strict and multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Previous experience using Netsuite (preferred but not essential)
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Senior Accountant *Award-winning Tech brand*
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum