Req. #: R24503
about 1 month ago
Are you ready for a massive professional challenge?
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Accounting skills? Are you looking for an accounting experience that isn't like any other company? We have a team looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join our EMEA accounting team as a Senior Accountant within the projects team. At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Senior Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Working closely with Accounting Manager to scope out and assess the financial impact of projects and business initiatives.
- Preparing testing documentation and procedures to ensure accounting is in accordance with US GAAP and risks are identified.
- Collaboration with multiple teams across the business including Legal/Tax/VAT/Compliance/Engineering/Corporate Accounting.
- Review of US GAAP and Local GAAP accounting treatments to ensure business initiatives are reported accurately in accordance with relevant standards and reporting requirements.
- Ensuring that new business initiatives and projects comply with the relevant internal controls framework are operating effectively in adherence to SOX requirements.
- Helping to identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiencies within project testing and implementation process.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- Accounting Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.)
- Previous experience on supporting on projects and business initiatives
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication, project management and organization skills
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- Positive attitude with an ability to upskill and learn quickly and proactively
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Netsuite or similar ERP system a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.