Senior Accountant FTC
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant FTC|
|Salary:||£40000 - £42000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zuzanna Radkiewicz|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2020 12:40|
Are you a local accountant seeking a new challenge? If you have previous experience and exposure to local authority/public sector finance, this might be the role for you.
Opportunity to join the team on a FTC or day rate.
Our public sector client in Portsmouth are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant into their team on a 12 month FTC (duration of assignment may vary) reporting to Group Accountant and/or Finance Manager.
- Assisting in the development of financial models
- Preparation of budgets, monthly budget monitoring reports
- Preparation of monthly accounts, financial monitoring and final annual accounts.
- Appraising and evaluating the financial implications of projects
- Providing specialist knowledge and expertise in order to assist in revenue and capital budget process
- Assistance in statutory financial statements, statutory returns and financial analysis
- Liaising with senior members of the finance team, including stake holder interactions
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Experience in budget preparation and financial accounts
- Strong IT skills including Excel and other Microsoft Packages
- Previous exposure to information systems such as Oracle (E-Business Suite) and Business Intelligence
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of complex financial models is advantageous
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- knowledge of Local Government Finance
Competitive salary, opportunity to join the team on an FTC or day rate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Payroll Accountant
£37,300 - 40,248 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
£350 - £375 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum
£42000 - £45000 per annum
£32,300 - £35,794 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance