£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
TS NW 680_1595958183
6 days ago
Vitae Financial Recruitment Ltd
Our client, a local council in the immediate area, is looking for a senior accountant to fill a vital position. The Council is in control of a vibrant area, in one of the cultural hubs of the UK. Local Council experience is vital for this role, as well as strong grasp on technical accountancy.
*Input and production of monthly variance analysis and commentary to be included in monthly reports
* Identifying key risks within budget departments
* Annual budget setting along with estimated future year budgets
* Preparation and input of monthly forecasts having liaised with budget managers and department heads
* Closure of year end accounts, liaising with internal and external auditors
* Treasury management involving the daily investment of surplus cash balances ensuring that the best returns on investment are achieved
* Preparation of reports and financial information as requested by budget managers
* Assist in the improvement of the financial reporting system
To be successful you must be Part-Qualified CIPFA/ACCA with a background within local councils. This position provides a strong base to improve your line management skills as well as develop technical attributes, in a supportive environment.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration