|Job Title:||Senior Accountant|
|Salary:||£Competitive package with excellent benefits and continued career progression|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2020 10:57|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understand and full support.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing Family Office team in our Borehamwood office. You’ll support our valued high net worth clients by providing a full 360-degree service. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual who is looking to progress their career in a supportive and friendly working environment. You will be required to take responsibility over a portfolio of key clients in a hands-on manner, prepare statutory accounts and see the development of incomplete records to final accounts production with minimal supervision throughout.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of statutory accounts, corporation tax returns and income tax returns, and filing thereof
- Taking incomplete records to final accounts productions without supervision
- Review of taxation notices and prepare correspondence to clients
- Preparation of management accounts and reconciliations
- Provide full client liaison on updates, queries and preparing management accounts and cash flows
- Liaise with various providers and statutory authorities on behalf of clients, under instruction
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will have proven and relevant experience working in professional practice and ideally be either fully ACCA or ACA qualified. You’ll also have/be:
- Ability to complete and review accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proficient experience with Sage Line 50 accounts and Xero
- Proven ability to complete a full set of accounts to completion
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills at all levels
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
40000 - 50000 plus a comprehensive range of benefits
£38000.00 - £44000.00 per annum
Coventry, West Midlands
£26000 - £34000 per annum + Benefits
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
£32000 - £38000 per annum