|Job Title:||Senior Accountant|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2019 12:40|
Senior Accountant job in Saxmundham. ACCA/ACA study support available.
Due to expansion, a new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant to join the Business Support Services team at a leading Accountancy Practice in Saxmundham.
The team assists a wide variety of businesses including those operating in the agricultural, manufacturing, retail and construction sectors, which means you will be gain exposure across a broad portfolio of work.
The role will predominantly involve preparing management accounts and financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies. There will also be bookkeeping work and preparation of VAT returns for clients. Some of the duties may be carried out at clients' premises so a full driving licence will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
- Will ideally be AAT qualified (minimum part AAT qualified), or qualified by experience to a comparable standard, with a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use various packages, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel), Sage, Xero and Quickbooks. Prior experience of CCH software would be useful. Experience of Farmplan would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Will have previous involvement in accounts preparation work and the production of management accounts, alongside basic bookkeeping skills and the preparation of VAT returns. Some knowledge of VAT schemes such as Partial Exemption and Margin schemes would be helpful.
- Previous experience within a UK accountancy practice environment would be beneficial but is not a necessity. Experience of agricultural sector clients would also be advantageous.
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of clients.
- Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify / flag up potential issues to more senior staff for attention.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. You will be offered an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. They have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff and external training for the ICAEW/ACCA qualification will be considered, if applicable.
Interested? Please apply online or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £36000 per annum + unlimited holidays + bonus scheme
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + progression
Birmingham, West Midlands
Hove, East Sussex
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum