Section 151 Officer
|Job Title:||Section 151 Officer|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nicholas Foxwell|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2020 17:04|
Interim section 151 officer on a 18 month fixed term contract based in Bristol.
Interim Section 151 Officer for an 18 month fixed term contract
Salary FTE £75,425.00 (pro-rata) The salary will be pro rata for the agreed part-time hours. Secondments will be accepted with the written support of the employer.
Are you an experienced Section 151 Officer with a strong sense of civic duty?
Are you passionate about the importance of accountability, fairness and equality in policing and criminal justice services?
The opportunity has arisen for an Section 151 Officer within Avon and Somerset's Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) based at the Portishead site.
As a member of the senior leadership team you will contribute directly to the effective delivery of the PCC's vision strategies and plans ensuring value for money for taxpayers. Come and join us and contribute directly to the leadership team by delivering the vision strategies and plans ensuring value
The OPCC, and its elected commissioner, sets the strategy for policing in the area, oversees governance of the police service, commissions victim support services and co-ordinates innovative change projects across criminal justice partner agencies.
This exciting and varied role will involve:
- To work effectively with PCC, PCC's Chief Executive and other senior leadership in the OPCC.
- To develop, implement, manage and maintain corporate financial and treasury strategies, budgets and governance arrangements in consultation with the Constabulary's CFO. To work closely but independently of the Constabulary CFO to ensure sound financial governance for the PCC and Constabulary in accordance with CIPFA guidance and best practice. (Note: the Constabulary budget, the financial systems and the leadership of the wider finance team are delegated to the Constabulary CFO).
- To maintain and build upon Avon & Somerset's excellent financial standing and reputation and to advise PCC and the PCC's CEO on all relevant aspects of finance including council tax, budgets, savings, investments, capital finance, treasury, project finance, financial risk, financial compliance and medium term financial planning.
- To advise the PCC on the financial risks, budgetary approval and control, outcomes and funding opportunities of major projects including estates construction, property disposals, national police programmes and major ICT projects.
- To oversee the proper stewardship of budgets delegated to the Constabulary.
- To play a full role in preparation for any inspections or audits affecting the PCC. You will be a dynamic, confident, leader who is not afraid to challenge and takes an analytical and problem solving approach to complex issues.
- You will be used to a demanding workload, and have a successful track record of managing multiple work streams, people, resources and a busy schedule - which may require working flexible hours (including some evenings).
- You will be adept at managing and maintaining essential relationships with key stakeholders at high levels across all public sector agencies and local, as well as central, government.
- You will have strong influencing and advocacy skills and an abundance of experience in corporate governance strategy and legislation in the setting of a large and complex organisation.
- You must be a person with the highest levels of integrity and the ability to make objective decisions in the public interest.
If this sounds like you, and you relish a challenge, then we'd like to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 7th of May 2020.