|Job Title:||SAP Accountant|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension|
|Contact Name:||Chad Huzarski|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2020 16:51|
A SAP systems accountant role with a multi-national pharmaceutical company based in Slough. Salary £50,000.
Your new company
A multi-national pharmaceutical company based in Slough
Your new role
To enable the company's sustained and strategic commitment to patients, Global Business Services (GBS) team, within the Corporate Development and Finance function, has a key role in ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting in co-operation with the in-country finance leads and compliance specialists based in key locations.
As the Global Subject Matter Expert R2R SAP, you will have the opportunity to be a member of this GBS team to establish best-in-class, compliant, efficient, and effective end-to-end systems & processes.
- Facilitate the monthly closing process as a system expert from start to finish, and to promote the highest quality of data and the highest rate of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Become the ultimate "go-to" accounting and reporting person for local affiliates when system and process assistance is required, or improvements are requested
- Support Financial Planning exercise as tool and process expert (TM1)
- Translating business requirements towards IT and vice versa.
- Support the local/offshore accounting teams to express and formalise their local requirements and align them to the harmonised global processes. Aid in the development, implementation, testing, and training of these new deliverables.
- Manage business requirements definition and develop business cases for global projects, focusing on harmonisation and automation.
- Support internal & external stakeholders, especially new users, through training and consultation.
- Coordinate communication of process and system changes within the Accounting and Reporting domain.
- Liaise with stakeholders to coordinate actions and ensure coherence of reporting processes and systems (Cognos TM1, Cognos Controller, Cognos BI, SAPBW and Qliksense).
- Identify problems and potential solutions in the reporting processes and systems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend the best approach. Follow-through to develop and implement the processes and tools that are needed to drive change and continuously improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
What you'll need to succeed
- 1-5 years of professional background in finance (accounting and controlling), preferably in complex global companies with outsourced model
- Experience with SAP FICO and SAP BW
- Experience with Cognos TM1 is an advantage
- Affinity with systems, especially in accounting and analytical tools
- Strong financial analytical skills and advanced usage of Excel
- Capability to translate business requirements into a realistic and feasible global framework
- Ready to co-operate with multiple stakeholders. Experience of cross-functional projects with global impact is an advantage
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to see the big picture and use this to prioritise conflicting demands
- Operates effectively in an ever changing and demanding work environment
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and persuade diverse Finance and IT teams to embraces changes.
- Very good communication, networking and influencing skills with sensitivity to working across multicultural teams
- Solution driven, proactive, self-motivated and comfortable taking the initiative
- An enthusiasm and interest to embrace new technologies and the new ways of working
- Comfortable challenging existing processes and ways of working to find improvements and minimise risks
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Business language skills in another language an advantage
What you'll get in return
Salary £40,000 - £50,000
26 Days annual leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + great benefits
Group Reporting Manager
South London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Car Allowance
Group Reporting Manager
South London, London
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + shares scheme potential
Financial Controller (BioTech)
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus