|Job Title:||Safeguarding Advisor|
|Salary:||£185 - £200 per day|
|Contact Name:||Emily O'Brien|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2021 19:09|
A temporary position for a Safeguarding Advisor , for a charity in central London
A well known charity based in central London
- Provide professional safeguarding advice and undertake pro-active relationship management to ensure communities are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and adults who may be at risk of abuse or neglect; to keep them abreast of policy and practice developments.
- Under the direction of the Safeguarding Manager to undertake strategic safeguarding projects and improvement work including policies and projects in line with identified business needs and operational plans.
- Work collegiately to deliver the objectives within the operational plan. Through casework, to promote the Implementation of information sharing protocols and relationship/ membership of local safeguarding boards.
- Develop working arrangements within the team to ensure robust systems are in place to track calls, manage cases, and ensure effective training delivery, enabling reporting against
We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience of safeguarding of children and adults, including experience of undertaking and contributing to policy, practice development and implementation. This must be from a social work background.
- A social work qualification recognised by the Health and Care Professional Council, or a similar qualification in a related area/profession, or experienced.
- Specific training in a variety of aspects of child or adult safeguarding.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding adults and children policy, procedures and legislation.
- Experience of child and/or adult safeguarding work as a senior practitioner and/or manager.
- Knowledge and experience of risk assessment/risk management. Ability to chair multi-agency risk meetings.
- Knowledge of processes such as MAPPA, MARAC and PREVENT.
- Practitioner/manager experience of working with victims or survivors of abuse, including adults with mental health issues.
- Experience of working with a range of statutory and non-statutory organisations in managing or contributing to safeguarding, including managing allegations against people in positions of trust and the management of those who may pose a risk.
- Ability to work sensitively with survivors, those who are subject to allegations and/or those that may pose a risk.
£185-£200/day via an umbrella company. This role will be working from home until July.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's