Risk Manager roles- Apply to hear of opportunities
|Job Title:||Risk Manager roles- Apply to hear of opportunities|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2020 10:25|
This is not an advert for a specific, live, job but instead a space to register your interest in Risk Manager roles.
With lock-down restrictions easing we are starting to see a variety of sectors starting to recover.
The roles I recruit are in not for profits, the public sector as well as commerce businesses.
My colleagues Karen O'Neil, Justine Paech and Tim Barnett look after FCA regulated businesses.
A quick note on us:
Michael Page are a trusted recruitment company, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250, have been operating for over 40 years, have offices in over 36 countries, have a 4.9 star feefo rating and our CEO has been named one of the most highly rated in the world.
A quick note on me:
I have been with Michael Page since 2015 and have recruited into Risk and Internal Audit since 2018. Sectors I recruit into include (but are not limited to): pharmaceutical, logistics, retail, e-commerce, technology, charities, housing associations, engineering, energy, government departments and others. I hold an LLB in Law from the University of Leeds and find Internal Audit and Risk fascinating. I'd like to help as many people as possible fulfil their potential, especially right now the world has changed so rapidly.
Risk Managers typical activities:
- Assisting in reviewing and updating the risk management strategy
- Assisting in developing a consistent approach to risk management
- Enhancing the risk performance culture
- Developing and documenting internal control policies and business specific control standards
- Maintaining the risk register and assessing risk appetite
- Preparing Board and Audit & Risk Committee reports highlighting key risks
- Training senior management in the use of risk registers and to define risk appetite
This is by no means an exhaustive list and each role will vary
Roles within Risk Management will typically require a qualification. The IRM is becoming increasingly popular but sometimes people will hold a finance (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc) qualification or a Prince II or Lean Six Sigma qualification.
To hold a role as a Risk Manager you must have a strong, demonstrable and practical experience of risk management, from risk mapping through to departmental training.
Risk modelling is also becoming an in demand skill along with additional skills in Business Continuity Mapping, and specialist skills ie Health & Safety Risk, Third Part Risk, Supply Chain Risk and IT Risk.
- This is not an advert for a specific, live, job but instead a space to register your interest in Risk Manager opportunities in London and the Home Counties.
- I will respond as soon as possible, please bear with me at this time when we are operating on reduced staff.
- If you would like to follow up your application with a call/email/Linked-In message please do.
- It is likely that most roles will allow you to work from home 2-3 days per week in future from what I am hearing from clients.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Internal Controls & Risk
City of London, London
£60000 - £64000 per annum + Benefits
Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
50000 - 65000
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Audit Senior Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 77000
Commercial Risk Lead