|Job Title:||Risk Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Williams|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2020 16:51|
Expanding Midlands business is looking to recruit an ambitious Risk Manager.
Leading Midlands business.
- To put in place and operate effective risk management.
- Maintenance and update of the UK risk management framework and programme
- Maintenance and reporting on key risk indicators
- Creating and carrying out a regular review programme for the Senior Manager Risk Dashboards
- Maintaining appropriate risk scoring matrices
- Completion of risk reports and supporting documents
- Embedding and evolving the three lines of defence programme
- Risk training and communication
- To assist in the identification of risks and ensuring steps are taken to manage and mitigate these, reporting as appropriate.
- To ensure that the skills and knowledge of the Compliance & Risk team are developed to a high level, and to be an advocate of continuous professional development.
- To promote the work of the Compliance & Risk team within the company, including the delivery of risk training.
- To actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement them swiftly and effectively.
To play an active role in industry groups and initiatives, acting as an ambassador for the team and building strong and lasting relationships with other organisations.
- Able to communicate complex and highly technical matters in a way which is understandable and relevant.
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills, able to develop pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Active participant in continuous professional development, with an up-to-date knowledge of relevant accounting, finance, investments and pensions matters.
- Able to motivate and inspire members of the Compliance & Risk team to develop themselves and perform to a high level.
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels of the company and across the wider industry.
- Significant experience of Risk and/or Internal Audit. Ideally from a Financial Services or regulated industry.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas, able to build belief and analytical thinker with high standards of professional judgement and objectivity.
- Able to provide effective team leadership and promote the role of the Compliance & Risk team and the company.
- Strategic thinker who understands and makes an active contribution to the overarching aims and objectives of the company, whilst being able to interpret and relate these to the work of the Compliance & Risk team.
- Innovative and actively challenges existing ways of working, driving improvements within the Compliance/Risk framework and across the wider company, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Highly competitive salary and package on offer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's