|Job Title:||Risk Manager|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £57500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 11:34|
Launched in January 2019, the Money and Pensions Service brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
As a new organisation, our approach is to put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We will be working collaboratively with our key stakeholders to ensure that all UK citizens can easily access the information they need to make the most of their money and pensions throughout their lives. This is an exciting vision that we want to get right. We will be using 2019 to understand what our customers and stakeholders need from the new organisation. Based on that, we will be innovating and testing ways of improving information and guidance across all channels, so we can develop new integrated customer services and journeys that are both efficient and effective.
Your new role
As a Risk Manager, your role will see you:
* Facilitating the operational risk management framework and process across the organisation
* Designing, implementing and maintaining a continuous improvement framework for risk management ensuring agreed improvements are embedded into the organisation's knowledge base and management processes
* Embedding and facilitating a proportionate risk management approach for the organisation
* Maintain exceptional senior management relationships to manage priorities and ensure confidence in operational risk management
* Aligning the risk framework with the Corporate strategy and organisational performance framework ensuring regular reviews and reporting to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
* Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to champion best practice in risk management and ensure we have appropriate safeguards in place
* Performing operational risk evaluations and producing risk reports which evidence and assess the level of risk across the business
* Educating colleagues on the importance of the management of risks ensuring they understand their responsibilities when it comes to risk management
* Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and guidance
* Reviewing current risk management policies and approaches and updating them where required
What you'll need to succeed
* Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to management in relation to delivery
* Good level of abstract thinking skills and ability to take the 'big picture' view and identify linkages and dependencies between activities
* High level of PC literacy with good knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Stakeholder management: excellent influencing and negotiation skills, able to challenge constructively to drive positive change
* Extensive experience of operating independently and collaboratively with peers
* Previous experience of managing / facilitating operational risks
Previous experience in presenting reports to senior management
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed on a permanent contract and will be paid £57,500 per annum plus an excellent benefits package, working in an excellent Central London location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Closing date: 25/11/2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's