40000 - 50000
24 days ago
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship-driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government, housing and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
Our specialist Risk Consulting team provide services to across our strategic markets:
- Financial Services: Our team are one of the largest dedicated providers of Risk Consulting services to the financial sector, we work with many banks, insurance and asset management companies including FTSE, SEC, privately owned, as well as over 60% of the Lloyd's market.
- Public Services: Our team provide distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, housing and charities.
- Industry & Services: Predominately private sector clients, ranging in size from large and listed multinational organisations, to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and overseas.
As an Assistant Manager in the Risk Consulting team, you will act as the trusted point of contact for a portfolio of public services and other clients, directly managing some and providing managerial assistance to Senior Managers and Directors on others, and attending committees where possible. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing exceptional risk consulting services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Acting as the day to day contact for a small portfolio of clients, communicating regularly and building up a relationship of confidence and trust with them.
- Proactively communicating with clients, ensuring they are kept informed of progress of assignments and responding promptly to any requests for assistance.
- Management of key financial metrics on a small portfolio of clients.
- Owning the delivery of internal audit assignments, from planning to completion, keeping others informed of project status and progress.
- Taking ownership of quality control and completing thorough review of assignment working papers and reports of junior team members, providing constructive feedback and resolving issues.
- Effectively delegating work to more junior colleagues whilst maintaining overall accountability.
- Attending assignment opening and closing meetings to provide support to colleagues and build a relationship of confidence and trust with the client.
- Acting as first point of contact for junior members of the team.
- Applying technical and sector knowledge to assignments to reach sound conclusions and provide insight and solutions to clients.
- Leading on or co-ordinating the production of proposal documents for some engagements.
- Providing assistance to Senior Managers and Directors on proposals, and at networking events as required.
- Appraisal and performance management of a small number of direct reports, providing constructive feedback.
- Contributing to and co-ordinating team meetings and training sessions.
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required.
- Providing on-the-job training and supervision of junior team members.
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision, organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
- Identify opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds either ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of delivering internal audits.
- Good understanding of technical issues in the risk consulting sector.
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching audit trainees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.