City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits (Part Time Options Available)
12 days ago
Risk & Internal Audit Manager position, partnering with the Internal Audit Director and Internal Audit Senior.
Our client is a well known, highly complex non-profit organisation.
They are an organisation who are tied into the history and roots of England and, still to this day, are highly influential.
They contribute to the daily life of many individuals and are involved in managing the investments and pensions of their branch members and branch organisations.
Or client really values the contribution of internal audit and risk and are looking forward to the value and insight that this function is currently, and will in the future, bring to their organisation.
- As a Disability Confident Leader, they actively look to attract, recruit and retain those of you who are disabled.
- As a member of the Armed Forces Covenant, our client welcomes applications from those of you who have served in our Armed Forces and their families.
- Our client is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and to ensuring that everyone, job applicants, customers and other people with whom they deal, are treated fairly and not subject to discrimination.
- Support the planning and delivery of annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan and Strategy.
- Manage the end to end delivery of individual audit assignments, from the initial planning stage through to the completion of the audit report
- Assist in the management of the Audit & Risk team as well as co-source
- Maintain and improve internal audit policies and procedures to ensure that they are fully aligned to IIA standards, effectively communicated to auditees.
- Assist in the production of internal audit and assurance progress and summary reports for Audit & Risk Committees.
- Develop a controls self-assessment process, producing an annual assurance report for each of the Audit Committees with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Work with senior management to facilitate and oversee the identification, assessment and evaluation of risks, identify appropriate mitigations and additional actions as appropriate and update the risk registers.
- Support the Director of Risk and Assurance in the development of high-level risk reports, which analyse the impact of key business risks and facilitate improved decision-making.
- Relevant professional Audit, Risk or Accounting qualifications (MIIA, ACA, ACCA etc.)
- Able to establish constructive working relationships with senior managers and members (trustees).
- Able to plan and deliver internal audit assignments within limited resources, meeting both customer expectations and professional standards.
- Experience in facilitation of risk management workshops and risk register reviews with staff and management
- Previous experience of auditing pensions and investment funds would be particularly useful.
- Experience in the involvement in the production, and review, of risk registers.
- Ability to influence decision makers, coalitions and other intermediaries to effect change.
- Previous use of IDEA or other data interrogation and analysis application, Visio, Access and OneNote.
- Understanding of the legislative, regulatory and accounting frameworks and operations of charities and pension schemes.
- Understanding of Charity Commission risk management guidance and good practice.
- Friendly, collaborative and good team player
- Competitive Salary of £55,000 to £65,000 based on experience
- Competitive pension contributions
- The chance to influence the organisation
- Hours: 35 per week (part time working available)
- 25 days paid leave per leave year. This is exclusive of public holidays and additional holidays approved by your employer.
- Closing Date: October 22nd, shortlisting will take place during the coming weeks so please don't leave it until the last day to apply!
- Interviews will be held w/c 26th October 2020 remotely using Zoom.