Restructuring Associate Director
|Job Title:||Restructuring Associate Director|
|Salary:||60000 - 75000|
|Contact Name:||Heena Rathod|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2020 10:24|
Job Description Summary:
To take full ownership of many complex allocated assignments, with minimal partner involvement, in a way that meets and exceeds the clients expectations whilst taking responsibility for managing and developing team members. They will manage multiple client relationships. Takes the role of lead contact, develops business opportunities to win new work and identify and support development of new products and services. They should balance risks to the firm with commercial opportunities.
Restructuring Associate Director
Location: London (30 Finsbury Square)
Grant Thornton’s London Restructuring department is a well-established team working on a range of complex advisory assignments and insolvency appointments. Our Financial Services and Insolvency (FSR&I) team has advised on some of the most high-profile restructuring and insolvency appointments in the UK and overseas including Wonga, QuickQuid, Lendy and Cooperative Bank of Cyprus. The team has confidentially advised several global financial institutions on restructuring and dispute related assignments. It has worked across several specialisms including consumer finance, insurance and banking.
Let’s talk about the job
Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
Own your own work. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of case work with minimal partner involvement.
- Assists partners and directors in preparing and pitching for new assignments.
- Creates space for business development/project work by effectively delegating to the team.
- Proposes relevant, commercial and innovative solutions to client issues.
- Liaises effectively with all stakeholders.
- Is aware of the requirements of work providers and, at least, meets their satisfaction standards.
- Able to apply technical knowledge appropriately in the context of individual clients and display both skill and speed in resolving client problems.
Be a part of a team. As a Restructuring Associate Director in the FSR&I team, you will take the role of lead contact for multiple client relationships, develop opportunities to win new work and identify and support the development of new products and services. You will balance risks to the firm with commercial opportunities. You will have experience in financial services restructuring, managing and delivering business reviews, winddown and contingency planning.
- Mentors team members to enable them to reach their potential and deliver excellent client service.
- Is proactive in understanding career goals of others and supporting them.
- Coaches and mentors team members, identifying and dealing with performance issues in a timely manner.
- Carries out timely job and performance reviews for team members as required, ensuring paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures own performance reviews take place and goals are achieved.
- Creates and leads an environment of continuous learning and development.
- Sets clear and stretching goals and objectives within the department/team and leads the team to deliver those.
Take responsibility. You will take responsibility for compliance, budgets and billing, providing a timely and profitable service in accordance with the highest professional standards and contributing to the continued growth and development of the department.
- Sets the budget at the outset, managing the assignment against the budget and billing on time.
- Understands and applies best practice regarding departmental procedures, risk management and compliance and sets and expels to the team in their application
- Prepares reports and recommendations for lenders and other stakeholders.
- Understands the strategy of a business and how this aligns with the market in which it operates.
Build your brand.
- Identifies new business opportunities and uses them for both personal development and the benefit of the firm.
- Proactively contributes to the departments marketing efforts, including attending events, preparing and delivering presentations and marketing collateral.
- Has good understanding of the market and current developments.
- Has good network of external contacts and is proactive in maintaining this network and developing a strong internal network.
- Shows interest in departmental management issues and takes on responsibility for discreet projects, as appropriate.
- Maintains impetus on progressing projects and delivers on those projects.
- Manages and motivates multiple teams and competing demands on complex assignments.
- Balances conflicting demands and removes obstacles to achieving results.
- Shows an interest in and understanding of departmental strategy.
- Deals with difficult, complex problems and investigates significant issues.
The minimum criteria
You must be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with in excess of 5 years post qualification experience appropriate for this role.
Your experience should include managing projects, including independent business reviews, short-term cash flow reviews, accelerated sales processes, contingency planning and execution and insolvency appointments (including pre-packaged administration appointments).
It is expected that in managing projects you have been responsible for small teams of junior staff, overseeing their work and taking ultimate responsibility for report and document production. You will have been reporting directly to the lead partner or director overseeing the assignment.
You will have demonstrated a keen interest in developing and maintaining a network of contacts in the restructuring market.
Skills to set you apart
Whilst not essential for the role, further insolvency qualifications such as CPI and/or JIEB.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Associate Director
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Tax Associate Director
0 - 0
Forensic/Audit Associate Director
Senior Tax Manager / Associate Tax Director
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Restructuring Advisory Manager - Southampton