Restructuring Associate Director
|Job Title:||Restructuring Associate Director|
|Contact Name:||Heena Rathod|
|Job Published:||September 26, 2019 10:44|
To take full ownership of many complex allocated assignments, with minimal partner involvement, in a way that meets and exceeds the clients expectations whilst taking responsibility for managing and developing team members. They will manage multiple client relationships. Takes the role of lead contact, develops business opportunities to win new work and identify and support development of new products and services. They should balance risks to the firm with commercial opportunities.
• Assist partners in preparing and pitching for specific new assignments.
• Identifies new income streams, building up a range of clients.
• Networks where there are new sources of work, e.g. with intermediaries at seminars and technical presentations.
• Proactively contributes to the departments marketing efforts, including attending events, preparing presentations and marketing collateral.
• Has good understanding of the market and current developments.
• Has good network of contacts both internally and externally and maintains this network.
• Creates space for business development / project work by effectively delegating to the team.
• Proposes relevant, commercial and innovative solutions to client issues.
• Liaises effectively with all stakeholders.
• Is aware of the requirements of work providers and, at least, meet their satisfaction standards.
• Able to apply technical knowledge appropriately in the context of individual clients and display both skill and speed in resolving client problems.
• Mentors those who have line management responsibility.
• Is proactive in understanding career goals of others and supporting them.
• Challenges others to achieve their full potential. Assist with identifying development needs of team members, through case allocation as appropriate.
• Coaches and mentors team members, identifying and dealing with performance issues in a timely manner.
• Ensures that team members receive regular feedback on their assignments.
• Carries out timely job and performance reviews for team members as required, ensure paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
• Ensures own performance reviews take place and goals are achieved.
• Creates and leads an environment of continuous learning and development.
• Actively takes the lead in helping others to improve and pursue their careers.
• Identifies a business opportunity and uses it for both personal development and the benefit of the firm.
• Sets clear and stretching goals and objectives within the department/team and leads the team to deliver those.
Operations and results
• Sets the right budget at the outset, manages the assignment against the budget and bills on time.
• Understands workings of engagement letters and liabilities caps.
• Understands and applies best practice regarding departmental procedures, risk management and compliance.
• Understands ethical and conflict restraints of accepting appointments.
• Prepares reports and recommendations for lenders and other stakeholders.
• Leads presentations to lenders and other stakeholders.
• Understands the strategy of a business and how this aligns with the market in which it operates.
• Shows interest in departmental management issues and takes on responsibility for discreet projects, as appropriate.
• Maintains impetus on progressing projects and delivers on those projects.
• Manages and motivates multiple teams and competing demands on complex assignments.
• Balances conflicting demands and removes obstacles to achieving results.
• Shows an interest in and understanding of departmental strategy.
• Deals with difficult, complex problems and investigates significant issues.
- Be qualified ACA/ACCA
- Restructuring experience appropriate for the level of role applied for
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Associate Director (General Practice)
Cheshire East, Cheshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum + parking & 25 days holiday
VAT Associate Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
£HighlyCompetitive plus Excellent Benefits
Senior Tax Manager / Associate Tax Director
Corporate Tax Associate Director - Southampton