£40k - 45k per year
11 days ago
Christian Aid are exclusively partnering with Robertson Bell to recruit their Restricted Funds Manager role on a permanent basis. Christian Aid are one of the largest international charities of their kind and they work with local partners and communities to fight injustice, respond to humanitarian emergencies, campaign for change and help people claim the rights they are entitled to. Following some recent internal changes, Christian Aid are now looking to recruit this key role.
Reporting into the Commercial Finance Director, this strategic role will be responsible for providing insight into financial restricted management reporting and influencing key stakeholders, whilst managing a small team of Restricted Fund Officers.
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. They are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. They pride themselves in being the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
This role offers a full-time opportunity with flexible working arrangements and an excellent benefits package. However, candidates applying must live within a reasonable commute from their office in Waterloo, London.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain an overview and support the management of restricted funds within Christian Aid.
- Support the development and delivery of restricted projects through the provision of expert commercial finance input through to the project close out.
- Provide functional leadership to the Country Finance and Programme Funding teams by building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all departmental senior managers and their country office teams.
- Work closely with Country Offices, Programme Funding Team and Commercial Finance Managers to track and manage the financial performance of restricted funds.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting of institutional income by being the lead finance business partner for the Programme Funding Team.
- Work in partnership with Country Offices and Programme Funding Team in preparing and undertaking external country office donor audits.
- Support country offices with new restricted fund proposal(s), including budget development and final review.
- Provide a co-ordination role between Country Office(s) and the Programme Funding Team, when undertaking a multi-country donor led project. This would include the whole project cycle from submission of proposal through to donor audit and final donor report.
- Manage and mentor a team of four restricted fund finance officers.
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified as an Accountant.
- An expert on USAID, DFID, EU and other major donor reporting and requirements.
- Experienced working with restricted funds.
- Assertive, able to challenge and influence seniors as well as peers.
- Highly organised with the ability to work simultaneously across multiple funds and across three complex teams.
- Preferably, experienced using SUN and/or Q&A.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office or similar to advanced level.
- Analytically strong and able to quickly review high volume/value financial information for consistency and accuracy.
- Ideally, from a management accounting background.
- An experienced line manager.
CVs are being reviewed daily with first stage screening interviews happening on an ad hoc basis. Applications will be under continuous review before the closing date, so please submit your application to our exclusive agent Robertson Bell.