Residential Support Worker: Temp - Perm opportunity
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker: Temp - Perm opportunity|
|Location:||Perth & Kinross|
|Contact Name:||Graeme Alexander|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2021 11:00|
Residential Support Worker - Children with LD/Autism - Flexible working options available
Potential - Temp to Perm opportunity
Your new company
A well respected residential service who is at the heart of supporting children who have additional support needs/challenging behaviour are seeking experienced support workers to work on a flexible full /part time basis. They take a great deal of thought and care into providing the best possible support to children in order to maintain, improve and promote positive outcomes and encourage independence while keeping a sense of fun and adventure.
Your new role
You will be working in a residential school setting providing support to children who have underlining additional support needs and ensuring their health, safety and well-being is maintained at all times while responding to challenging behaviour using specific specialised techniques to defuse situations and prevent hazards. You will be working with and supporting a team of expert support workers and working together to create a positive environment where each child can thrive.
Successful candidates will be working various shift patterns and give the flexibility to potential work around existing commitments.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must be a highly skilled individual who has an understand/experience of supporting children with LD/autism and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with individuals.
- You will have a minimum of 6 months experience working with and supporting vulnerable people and be able to think and act appropriately to emergency situations.
- A SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is desired
- SSSC registered or in the process
- A member of the PVG scheme
- As you will be at times required to take part in outdoor events (subject to COVID) a driving licence/access to a vehicle is essential
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to be part of a well respected organisation
- Provide support and make a difference to a young persons life
- Support from our dedicated Social Care consultancy team
- Flexibility to work various hours/shifts
- SSSC registration endorsement
- Refer a co-worker/friend? We offer referral incentives worth £250 in vouchers (terms apply)
- Support with online training, infection contract and regular COVID testing available via Hays
- Regular contact and aftercare to candidates to ensure well-being
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Analyst *Media*
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Finance Manager *Creative Agency*
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
In House Indirect Tax Manager
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£38000.00 - £43000.00 per annum