Reporting Manager x2
|Job Title:||Reporting Manager x2|
|Salary:||£38700 - £43889 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:23|
The Cabinet Office has a vital role to play at the centre of government. Its purpose is to maintain the integrity of the union, the security of the country and a flourishing democracy, to ensure delivery of the government's programme and the Prime Minister's priorities, and to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
This is a key post within the Cabinet Office's Finance department. The successful applicant will work with a range of stakeholders to provide robust financial information, enabling the department to manage its financial position throughout the year.
This Reporting Manager role will involve the management and control of the overall Cabinet Office financial position. The Reporting Manager will be responsible for providing strategic financial advice and support to Directors, the Permanent Secretary, HM Treasury, the Cabinet Office Audit and Risk Committee and the Minister.
Notably, the role involves working with Finance Business Partners to provide challenge to forecasts and influence the strategic direction of the business units, by providing an independent view of what is happening to the Department as a whole. The role also requires a good understanding of the Estimates and Government Accounts, to ensure robust forecasting in OSCAR and to be able to advise on budgetary changes for the Department and their impact on the Department's Estimates.
The responsibilities of the Reporting Manager will include
- Deliver prompt, and accurate management accounts based on standardised systems and processes to an agreed timetable. Take a proportionate approach based on materiality, with emphasis on providing insight.
- Quality assure integrity of data used to support robust forecasting, feeding back via FBPs where operational data is inadequate or inaccurate.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the overall financial position of assigned business areas. Provide incisive variance explanations of material /sensitive /volatile areas, with clear summaries and interpretation for senior management.
- Oversee the forecasting process, providing trend data to FBPs to inform the annual budget and workforce plans.
- Ensure that detailed budgets are accurately profiled, documented and uploaded to agreed timetables.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with finance colleagues and business areas; develop consistent and efficient financial processes, implementing continuous improvement.
- Developing and using reporting tools for maximum impact and efficient delivery through collaboration with IT, shared service provider and harnessing relationships across government.
- Oversight of performance, including identifying areas for improvement by using recognised continuous improvement principles
- Accountable for the prompt response to ad hoc commissions from FBPs such as PQ /FOI data; spend by supplier or data trends across the years.
- Manage the delivery of commercial savings calculations where facility is not supported by embedded resource.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified (or with sufficient financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- Excellent technical skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
- High credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders.
- The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way.
- Strategic and commercial skills gained from working in other specialist areas such as commercial, policy, IT, HR or delivery.
Salary - £38,700 - £43,889 + £2,500 or £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Reporting Manager
£525 - 600 per day
Up to £430.00 per day
Interim Programme Finance Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £53000 per annum
Client Finance Manager
£49,700 - 56,524 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
Audit Manager & Lead Auditor
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£35475 - £42831 per annum + Pension, Healthcare