Reporting and Management Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Reporting and Management Accounting Manager|
|Salary:||£33,107 - £44,336 + £2,000/£4,000 Accountancy Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2020 16:02|
Please note that the salary range for qualified candidates will be £37,922-£44,336, plus £4,000 accountancy allowance.
The salary range for part-qualified candidates will be £33,107-£38,618, plus £2,000 accountancy allowance.
Closing Date: 16th August 2020
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
The Reporting & Management Accounting Manager is a new role which is being created as part of a transformation of the DCMS Finance team. This change involves bringing management accounting and reporting tasks out of the Finance Business Partnering (FBP) team and into a central hub. This will facilitate more consistent, efficient and dynamic reporting, as well as greater efficiency in routine management accounting tasks. It will enable the Finance Business Partners (FBPs) to focus on value-added activities supporting the department’s policy teams and over 40 arm’s-length bodies.
This role is an opportunity to help establish and shape the MA Hub function. Most of the reporting within the remit of this role currently resides within the FBP team and needs to be centralised and overhauled. The role-holder will also work with the FBPs to design and produce new reporting to address currently unmet needs. They will develop a broad understanding of DCMS’s core policy areas and systems and be challenged to make newly-centralised routine management accounting processes as efficient as possible.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Produce monthly core department budget holder reports and Director General reports, ensuring that these reports fully and accurately reflect actuals, forecasts and budgets; reconcile to department funding and agreed delegations; and enable sufficient insight for review by various stakeholders
- Coordinate and optimise the process flow for the monthly update of core budget forecasts, and upload forecasts to the finance system
- Work with the Finance Business Intelligence team to test, trial and design more dynamic, efficient reporting using data infrastructure improvements currently in the pipeline, such as a database and business intelligence tool.
- Improve reporting by providing insight into predicted future performance and the robustness of forecasts through analysis of run rates and prior year comparisons
- Prepare and post journals, including re-accruals, reallocations and payroll adjustments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Be a fully- or part-qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant with excellent spreadsheet skills
- Have a collaborative approach and the ability to work well with others, as well as working well under own initiative
- Knowledge of central government accounting and budgeting rules (desirable)
- Experience of creating reports in reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlik or Google Data Studio (desirable)
- Experience in an FP&A or other reporting-focused role, and/or in a management accounting role with a significant reporting element (desirable).
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's