Reporting and Decision Support Analyst
|Job Title:||Reporting and Decision Support Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Carly Wassell|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2021 15:57|
The role reports to the Senior Manager leading the Management Reporting workstream within Burberry’s global finance transformation programme. This high priority workstream, already in flight, aims to deliver improved management reporting and insights to Finance and Business leaders throughout the organisation in an efficient and effective way. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work closely with the project team during this transition period before continuing in a BAU capacity.
On delivery of the project, Burberry will be able to produce insightful and standardised management reporting for all Business Functions aligned to its global operating model. This will be achieved by;
• Designing and implementing new SAP BPC Reporting consistently suitable for global teams. The suite of management reports, delivered from this central team, will support Global Finance teams, cross functional stakeholders and senior leadership to allow timely and impactful decision making.
• Change Management by way of supporting material/training as appropriate to all users across Finance and impacted teams.
The key objectives of the Reporting and Decision Support Analyst role is to:
• Provide support to the management reporting project team in delivering reports in production
• Embed and manage processes to ensure the timely and accurate report production for finance management reporting
• Effectively communicate with the project team on any risks and issues requiring mitigating actions and/or further technical development
• Adopt tools and forums in place to ensure timely communication with finance teams globally
• Transition to a BAU role post project completion, providing management reporting and analysis to support decision making to Finance teams.
• Gain competence in the regular production of Management Reports, their maintenance and the production of new reports to support business requirements in the future.
The successful candidate will have opportunity to gain senior level exposure and play an important role in the Finance Transformation journey. They will need to be comfortable in leading recommendations for change and so will play a fundamental part in the successful delivery of the workstream by leveraging a broad skillset including data analysis, stakeholder management and system/process knowledge.
Project Transition Phase:
• Partner closely with project team (London) to take ownership of the processes and procedures in the production of periodic management reporting delivered by the project team
• Produce and maintain standard desktop procedures to prepare for BAU activity.
• Learn to utilise SAP BPC and Think Cell tools for the production of reports (in addition to Excel and Powerpoint)
• Produce any live reports to global finance teams on a regular basis in line with phased launches.
BAU (Post Project completion)
• Own, maintain, and control the standard suite of management reports, referencing non-financial metrics as appropriate
• Produce standard management reports, including draft first line commentary and initial explanation of variances, and distribute in a timely manner (Regions, Functions, Group & Other)
• Ensure accuracy in the numbers by performing validation checks prior to sharing reports
• Attend monthly calls on performance, take meeting minutes and share actions post meeting
• Prepare materials (data, reports and slide packs) for the Executive Boards and Committees, owning the data packs that support these
• Interact with data owners and other BBS teams (Finance and non-Finance) to enable management reporting and analysis activities
• Provide standard information and simple ad-hoc analysis and insights
• Develop a deep understanding of Finance source data and data hierarchies
• Consult with Finance Business Partners on reporting and data needs
• Drive initiatives to rationalise, standardise, and automate management reports
• Make sound recommendations via appropriate feedback mechanisms (e.g. Governance group) for report design and reporting processes to ensure reports remain efficient, standardised and insightful for global users.
• Maintain process documentation / Standard desk top procedures for live reports and ensure reporting library, user access and stakeholder lists are kept up to date.
- Qualified in relevant finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Comfortable in using and understanding SAP BPC within a global retail organisation
- Excellent communicator with the ability to thrive under pressure and operate effectively in a cross functional team
- Highly analytical with an impeccable attention to detail with and ability to troubleshoot and identify data issues
- Advanced/Expert MS Excel skills
- Prior usage of an ERP system desirable and experience in handling large volume of data and presenting high level insights / recommendations
- Experience of using BPC or similar consolidation software preferable, but not essential, to perform insightful management reporting
- Experience in working in a fast paced, global organisation
- Proven track record of delivering process improvements (e.g. Reporting efficiencies) in a structured and timely way
- Experience in producing insightful management reporting
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Team Lead
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Financial Analyst - FMCG
£45000 - £47000 per annum
Commercial Finance Analyst
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + FTC
VAT Analyst (12-month FTC) - Global Luxury Brand