Regulatory Accountant - SES Water, Redhill
|Job Title:||Regulatory Accountant - SES Water, Redhill|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Camp|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2020 11:34|
To complete quarterly internal regulatory accounts and external annual accounts to regulator obtaining audit sign off. To be point of contact for finance related queries internally driven and externally from Ofwat regulator.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Produce quarterly regulatory accounts for water company regulated business, full year external accounts submission to Ofwat regulator, using agreed cost allocation methods.
- Review of regulatory accounts with internal management team, with commentary on key drivers and changes.
- Laising with internal teams to answer questions from Ofwat regulator.
- Understanding and maintaining detailed knowledge of the regulatory accounting guidelines, and providing education to the business as required
- Regular reporting of regulatory accounts for presentation to leadership team and board.
- Update Ofwat models and tables on a regular basis as required
- Be the key lead to the audit of the regulatory accounts with external auditor
- Develop and maintain long term financial modelling greater than 5 years including long term debt covenants.
- Provide key support to the longer term financial business planning cycle as guided by Ofwat.
- Calculation of charges and invoicing for MOSL market operator for non-household customers.
- Implementation of business controls and procedures, including regular update of the accounting separation (for regulatory accounts) methodology statement.
- Development of timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English, or equivalent
- Activity based costing and analysis of data
- Building relationships with external audit
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work across departments - both as a customer of other departments and as a service provider to others.
- Can work in a time pressured environment.
- Enthusiastic to streamline processes and systems
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision.
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus and Benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Management Accountant (Renewable Energy)
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus