Real Estate Accountant - 9 month contract
|Job Title:||Real Estate Accountant - 9 month contract|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + (pro rata) + completion bonus|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Davies|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 17:07|
Real Estate Accountant - 9 month contract. Our Client is a private property investment company who are actively investing in real estate across UK and Europe. They are a commercial, dynamic investment boutique who are now looking for a Real Estate Accountant to join them for 9 months to complete a project.
The Role will be working very closely with two members of the senior management team to assist them with preparation of liquidation accounts for a group of international entities (UK, French, Luxembourg). The project is fast moving and expected to be completed ASAP. The duties will be as below:
- Preparing the liquidation accounts under GAAP.
- Reviewing historically prepared accounting records by external accountant and liaison to clarify any nominal details (classification, nature and movements).
- Transfer of opening balances into the in-house accounting software.
- Ongoing reconciliation/ investigation of any balances/ transaction under question.
- Updating accounting records up to the final liquidation date - bank statements, supplier invoices, loan interest calculations, reconciliation of debtor/creditor balances, reconciliation of tax balances with tax statements, reconciliation of intercompany balances and elimination of the above, posting equity transactions, preparation of supplier invoice pay runs.
- Passing interim accounts to the liquidator and the auditor.
- Liaising with the liquidator and the auditor on the accounts' maintenance and provision of supportive documents.
- Actioning and reading accounting documents - including loan agreements, legal and corporate documents, and applying correct accounting treatment.
The Person will have 5+ years accountancy experience and be a part qualified accountant (ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA). The incumbent will be technically strong on accounts preparation to ETB / balance sheet level and have an awareness of intercompany transactions and reconciliations. Experience / exposure to international companies and multi-currency transactions is also a must. This is best suited to someone who is hands-on, detailed orientated with a 'can-do' attitude and the willingness and ability to understand complex structures / supportive documents. It will be highly advantageous if someone has experience of French or Lux GAAP along with French language skills. This contract will offer pro-active support and on-the-job training by the senior management as well as a great incentive (bonus) if completed on time.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Brighton, East Sussex
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, private medical
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Crawley, West Sussex
£55000 - £65000 per annum
£36 - £45000.00 per annum
Interim Head of Financial Control & Reporting
£550 - £600 per day