City of London, London
bens & bonus
15 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Don't wait till you qualify to train in Forensics!Open to junior/part-qualified auditors with genuine interest
Your new company
A large, multi-office UK firm, our client has forged an excellent reputation in Corporate Advisory. With work primarily being generated from lawyers and regulators, it was a natural extension to develop a Forensic Accounting service-line. This team offers a highly competitive range of work across fraud, regulatory, compliance, disputes, litigation and arbitration.
Your new role
Your early background in audit means you are starting to learn how to test assumptions and that is a core skill that you'll develop in Forensic Accounting. No 2 cases are the same, and you may well get involved with 10-12 a year. You'll get exposure to a wide range of cases including:
- Transactional Disputes
- Contentious Valuations
- Fraud Investigations
- Multi-jurisdictional investigations
- Breach of Contract
- Loss of Profits
- International Arbitration
and lots more. Initially supporting cases through analysis and inference/extrapolation, you'll grow through to contributing sections or reports and in time creating your own, full evidence-base reports/conducting your own investigations.
What you'll need to succeed
The firm would like to consider someone who has started their ACCA or ACA exams, and is currently in another Practice service-line - audit would be ideal.
- A genuine, enquiring mind
- An ability to sense the unusual
- The ability to get into detail without losing the big picture
What you'll get in return
- Ongoing study support for ACA/ACCA
- A new career which most people have to wait until qualified to apply for
- A properly relaxed culture - the very opposite of "sweating assets!"
- Whole-firm access;interaction and often working with other service-lines
- Mentors who have "been there" and know what you need to develop as far as ability and ambition will let you!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If you meet the criteria but would like to know more about Forensics as a career, again please get in touch.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.