R&D Tax Senior Manager
|Job Title:||R&D Tax Senior Manager|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 17:36|
We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new R&D Tax Senior Manager. This is a key position based out of the Leatherhead office and forms part of the wider Tax service we offer our clients.
This is a leading role within the Firm’s rapidly expanding Innovation and R&D team focused on assisting innovative clients with their tax affairs, including the preparation and submission of R&D and Patent Box claims together with provision of advice around all aspects of the innovation lifecycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identification of potential R&D claims and associated discussions with clients and prospects
- Preparation and review of R&D reports for submission to HMRC
- Deliver corporate tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues in relation to innovation incentives and tax planning for innovative companies
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, and developing referrer base
- Coach and train junior staff and trainees in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the Innovation and R&D team in line with KPI’s
- Active contribution to the future strategic direction of the Innovation and R&D specialism and expansion of services around the innovation lifecycle.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- CTA or ACA qualified
- Experience of preparing and submitting R&D claims is essential
- Previous experience of Patent Box claims is desirable
- High level of R&D technical expertise and R&D tax planning
- Self-starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing
- Ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand
- Recognised by clients and internal colleagues as a subject matter expert
- Collaborates with clients and Menzies’ staff to ensure high quality client service
- Demonstrates sound judgement, knowing when to refer to more senior experts for guidance and advice
- Anticipates client needs, drawing on commercial understanding
- Effectively delegates work within teams, providing meaningful feedback to ensure people develop within the tax community
- Takes care to support the technical, professional and personal development and wellbeing of team members
- Highly organised and structured inspiring confidence in others
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Corporate Tax Manager
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Excellent package
Tax Advisory Senior Manager
£50000.00 - £69999.00 per annum + (Excellent package)
Corporate Senior Tax Manager
0 - 0
Senior Manager / Manager, Individual Tax Focus
£Competitive package with excellent benefits