Senior Manager Grade
18 days ago
We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new R&D Tax Senior Manager. This is a key position based out of the London office and forms part of the wider Tax service we offer our clients.
This is a leading role within the Firm’s rapidly expanding Innovation and R&D team focused on assisting innovative clients with their tax affairs, including the preparation and submission of R&D and Patent Box claims together with provision of advice around all aspects of the innovation lifecycle. The Senior Manager position can be based from any of our offices in London and Surrey.
The role includes the provision of proactive advice and commercially appropriate tax planning, developing new business opportunities and contributing to the future strategic direction, management and development of the Innovation and R&D team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identification of potential R&D claims and associated discussions with clients and prospects.
- Preparation and review of R&D reports for submission to HMRC.
- Deliver corporate tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues in relation to innovation incentives and tax planning for innovative companies.
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, and developing referrer base.
- Coach and train junior staff and trainees in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the Innovation and R&D team in line with KPI’s.
- Active contribution to the future strategic direction of the Innovation and R&D specialism and expansion of services around the innovation lifecycle.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'values'!
- Experience of preparing and submitting R&D and Patent Box claims essential.
- Self-starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- CTA/ACA qualified or QBE.
- High level of technical expertise and commercial application.
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in tax planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new R&D Tax Senior Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.