|Job Title:||Qualified Senior|
|Salary:||42000 - 47000|
|Reference:||QS St Albans|
|Contact Name:||Amy Maguire|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 11:48|
About Moore Kingston Smith
Moore Kingston Smith is a dynamic, leading UK firm of accountants and business advisers. We have been helping clients thrive since 1923.
As trusted advisers to businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We are committed to supporting them through good and bad times. Our highly experienced people have the strategic insight, drive and dedication to deliver results.
With over 60 partners and more than 500 staff based in and around London, we are a leading member of the Moore Global Network. An international family made up of over 30,000 people across more than 100 countries, members connect and collaborate to take care of our clients’ needs – at a local, national and international level.
With the success of our clients at the centre of everything we do, our people are hugely important to us. We recognise that they are key to our continued growth and development as a firm. Our commitment to developing our people and providing an environment in which they can thrive is therefore paramount to us.
This is evidenced by the many awards we have won, recognising both our people and employer excellence, and our creative innovation, particularly in regard to client services – among other things.
Purpose of the Role
- Carry out audit / accounts and related tax assignments for clients.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervise on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Role break down is 40% audit, 40% accounts, 10% tax & 10% wider business advisory work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for auditing of companies including planning and finalisation of jobs, in a wide range of sectors.
- Present on-site for audit.
- Supervision of the audit team on-site, which includes reviewing the work of juniors.
- Preparation of tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600).
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner Levels.
- Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Promoting the interests of the firm with all employed by the firm, clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
- Generally to provide a personal, professional, speedy and efficient service to the firm’s clients.
- Any other special work as required e.g. company valuations, HMRC investigations & proposal pitches.
- Working alongside current office management to assist and supervise junior team members.
- To attend client gatherings or client seminars on an ad hoc basis.
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Internal networking so to get to know your team & the wider firm.
- Using initiative to come up with innovative ideas to improve systems currently in practice with regards to client or staff matters
Skills and Experience
- Qualified to ACA or ACCA level with 3-4 years practice experience - Obtained 1st time passes
- 2:1 degree in any discipline.
- Top 100 firm.
- Must have completed 2 audits in the last year with a turnover of £25m+.
- Technically competent, including solid experience and understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS, Auditing Standards and Corporate Tax.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communicator- able to get on with Clients/Trainees.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Ability to organise and good motivator and encourager of team.
- Personable and confident – clients should feel confident of their ability to relate to them.
- Ability to prioritise work – time management.
- Ability to meet deadlines and get the ‘job’ done.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's